No announcement yet.

Greenhouse and the wind

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General opinion round here seems to be that it was nothing too out of the ordinary - just a bit wetter and windier than usual

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
      I have the same type of polycarbonate greenhouse and suffered panels being blown out, put some internal diagonals framing in and have not lost a panel since in any weather that has been thrown at it in the past two years. Keep window and doors firmly shut.
      I had only really thought about doing the outside as the panels blow out but might as well go the whole hog whilst I'm at it.

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
      Its quite easy to drill polycarbonate so for a more permanent fix you could fit aluminium ange or wood diagonals and drill though the polcarb and secure it with self tappers.
      The aluminum angle could be fixed across the outside as per Bigmallly's suggestion earlier.

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      You could save up for years & years and buy a windproof greenhouse: Keder or Rhino are two

windproof greenhouse | Keder Greenhouses

Greenhouses by Rhino - Greenhouses Direct
      Blimey, great greenhouses but what a price!

We've just had permission for a polytunnel for the allotment so think we will spend on that for now and look at the reinforcing options.

Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X