Polytunnel project.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytunnel project.

I've got a lot of little (and 1 very large) projects going on in the garden this year, this is the first one I've finished (almost).It took me about 4 days in total to do it and it was back breaking work, it's not terribly impressive by some peoples standards but based on my poor DIY skills I feel a real sense of achievement.

I dont have a before picture but there's one at the end of the first day and the other two were taken an hour ago.

I have to clean my little bench and get my dwarf fruit tree for the big container then things will look better. Once he multiplanters are full and green shoots start popping up all over the place it'll be lovely to relax in it for a while every now and again.

Any suggestions on what to put in the hanging baskets would be welcomed. I had a few failed experiments in them last year along with a cherry tomatoe that was very tasty and some tasteless strawberries. I'm half considering flowers for a few to bring in the bees and what ever else likes them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darwin.; 03-04-2013, 03:02 PM.

Looks like a job well done to me

Bee`s love trailing fuschias and poached egg plant
    Last edited by Yorkshire.Dave; 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM.
    -------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
    Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

Grow all my tumbler toms in hanging backets have done for years.

Thats Tumbler mind not Tumbling Tom which are no where near as tasty.

Potty
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I tried growing peas in one of them last year thinking if they grew up they might grow down too. They didn't.

Fuschia looks like a bush we had as kids, we used to pull the flowers off and suck what we called honey out of the bottom. We always got in trouble for it, not sure if that was because we were destroying flowers or because we were sucking on plants that might be dirty.

Comment

Great job Darwin......fancy a trip to Liverpool to make me one! Was it a kit? Or from scratch?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

I didn't make the tunnel, just did tidied it up, did the raised beds and the little stoned area.

Comment

Looks really good Darwin - well done you

Comment

That looks great. Hope I can get my polytunnel looking half as good.
                http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin. View Post
                  I've got a lot of little (and 1 very large) projects going on in the garden this year, this is the first one I've finished (almost).It took me about 4 days in total to do it and it was back breaking work, it's not terribly impressive by some peoples standards but based on my poor DIY skills I feel a real sense of achievement.

I dont have a before picture but there's one at the end of the first day and the other two were taken an hour ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34824[/ATTACH]

I have to clean my little bench and get my dwarf fruit tree for the big container then things will look better. Once he multiplanters are full and green shoots start popping up all over the place it'll be lovely to relax in it for a while every now and again.

Any suggestions on what to put in the hanging baskets would be welcomed. I had a few failed experiments in them last year along with a cherry tomatoe that was very tasty and some tasteless strawberries. I'm half considering flowers for a few to bring in the bees and what ever else likes them.
                  Looks good enough to me
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Looks good! Can I ask how much to buy that?

Comment

Love the seating area, but you appear to be missing a drinks table, to rest your pimms on whilst you pretend you're abroad!

Comment

It came to about €1400 I think with extras. One door is standard but I got the second one, the cross bars don't come on the 10' models either and I added them. The wood, multi planters, black covering and stones and compost/perlite obviously need to go in top if that then to finish it off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X