Something different.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something different.

I've decided to leave an 8' section of the polytunnel and stone/gravel it. I'll be leaving shelves there and a chair along with my herbs and strawberries in multiplanters. I have one REALLY big container a mature tree came in and I fancy sticking it in the corner and growing something different in it. Maybe a dwarf fruit tree or something would suit, I want something that's going to last for years.

Any suggestions?

It's not what you are thinking of but what about a mini pond? It should help keep winter temperatures up and will be a really nice thing to sit next to. Pop a lilly in or something even more exotic. We originally wanted to put a pond in one bed but more to encourage frogs (which a tub wouldn't). Then we got carried away with how much we could grow and didn't do it but I do regret it a bit.

The gardener below me a few years ago had acres of poly tunnels. I was always impressed with her fig tree which was in a pot (root restriction) and pruned to fit.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I just put a pond in at the bottom of the orchard but I like the idea of the fig tree.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X