No announcement yet.

Is it worth 60 Squid

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of our plot neighbours have these, one guy put his up around this time last year and the other a few months later. Both are still standing well but although we've had a few gusty days, we've not had any gales like we had the year before.

My other plot neighbour has one of those polycarbonate (?) ones and has had nothing but trouble with it from day one and it was fairly expensive.
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      How long are those beds, BM? In other words, how many of your squares would be covered by the tunnel?
      Would you put it at the north end or the south?
      I would put it at the North end (the end nearest the camera).......The beds are 25ft long x 4ft wide so would cover a half of the length of 2 beds by half the width of 2 beds..........Not sure what you mean when you talk about squares. It's not going over my SFG.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Ooooh, that's interesting. I've just had a closer look at the one on Amazin & the door width is 800mm......exactly the same size as my paths so that means I could make some proper doors for it...........hmm............. getting there.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

The SFG thingy was to give me idea of how big it was - as you'd have 2 squares wide on both sides of the path (which means the growing space of one 4' wide SFG). If its half the length of your beds, then you'd have a covered space the size of half of one of your beds - that's all

And if you had 2, end to end..............
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-03-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Just buy one ffs, and get on with it! Then you can tell us how it goes - in the name of research, like.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              The SFG thingy was to give me idea of how big it was - as you'd have 2 squares wide on both sides of the path (which means the growing space of one 4' wide SFG). If its half the length of your beds, then you'd have a covered space the size of half of one of your beds - that's all

And if you had 2, end to end..............
              Thanks for simplifying that................

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                Just buy one ffs, and get on with it! Then you can tell us how it goes - in the name of research, like.
                You wimmin are all rush, rush............

Comment

Not so much that we're all rush, just less faff

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    you should be so lucky matey

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      Not so much that we're all rush, just less faff
                      That's all well & good but when it goes tots up it'll be the blokes fault..........

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        No, mate, just practical!

Comment

No, mate, just practical!
                          I'm trying but practicallity is not one of my strongest points.........

Comment

What I meant was - it's only sixty quid - if it only lasts one season, it's still worth the 'experiment.'

If the worst happens, and the cover doesn't survive for a second year, you still have a very useful frame that'll last a few years.

Comment

If the worst happens, and the cover doesn't survive for a second year, you still have a very useful frame that'll last a few years.
                              Do you reckon?...........19mm frame is a bit worrying.............I'm still trying to think of the positives tho.........

Comment

By the time you've finished modifying and reinforcing it, that frame will be so solid that the metal bits will be purely decorative

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X