Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk greenhouses

Hi all

I've got a Budget Greenhouse from Norfolk greenhouses, and was just going to ask if any one has ever bulit one as the insructions are not too clear it's just two a4 pages i think i'll manage, but has anyone got any tips please

Thanks, Ian

two tips.
    1. don't rush

2. don't panic

Comment

I identified each frame part from the diagrams and labelled it.
      It seemed to make following the building instructions much easier

Comment

Practice your swearing for at least an hour before you start, you'll need it in full flow...

Seriously though, Thelma's way is the best and like AP said, don't rush it. They're a good little greenhouse once they're up, and the cover on mine has lasted six years before starting to come apart this winter.

Good luck

Comment

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nts_30335.html
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I had one for years . When you get to putting on the door , if it`s still a sliding one , get a candle and rub it well over the edge of the metal top and bottom that the plastic things slide along, it helps as the door tends to stick.

Comment

I also had one for years-no problems with assembly-loads of screws!!
              Lasted well till soon kind soul heaved a concrete block over a six foot wall and bombed it-no good after that sadly

Comment

also make sure you weight it down . I found that a wooden base was not strong enough and it moved in strong winds. I eventually placed 12" slabs around the base on the inside to catch the edges of the metal base and it never moved again.

Comment

Use some pieces of wood as ground anchors. Bang them deep into the soil and screw them to the wooden base.
                  If it's on concrete or paving then bolt down into that

Comment

If it's a Norfolk Budget or Standard, then the cover itself is the anchor because you leave it with long 'tails' that are either trenched like a polytunnel cover or weighed down around the outside with paving slabs. I've done both; trenches on the allotment, slabs in the back garden. Neither have ever budged.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X