No announcement yet.

Just bought a new polytunnel!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to tripmeup, but I tried loading them onto here and it keps telling me that the file size is too large I've only taken them with my phone. When I built decking a few months ago I took photos of it with the same phone and put them onto here with no problem at all. I can't understand why it suddenly won't accept my photos, I've loads of all the diy-ing we've done in the garden, from building a shed with reclaimed timber pallets to the erection of the poly, but I can't put em on here perhaps the site has decided my photos aren't interesting enough!
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Edit the photos with Microsoft Office Picture Manager & resize them to Document-Large, then save.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Took your advice bigmallly... and it worked here are phots

Attached Files

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

How are you going to fix the cover down?

Comment

Inside we are tying it to the wooden frame that we've put up inside. Outside we are putting a membrane down around it and are putting stones ontop of the membrane which'll be on top of the skirting of the poly

Comment

Your garden looks so different from your first photos ancee. Next photos will be of a polytunnel full of crops

Comment

I hope so! It took me ages to dig it over and take out all the weeds I've never seen dandelion roots as big as parsnips before! The next few weeks we'll be putting beds in the bit next to the poly tunnel. The fence bit is to keep the dog out of the growing section. Though he does just jump the fence! Once the beds are done we'll be making paths in between and stoning them. Then the fun begins I am so looking forward to it. I haven't even started sowing seeds in the house yet, I know many have, but I've got a few weeks yet

Comment

I love your enthusiasm ancee & looking back on these photos will be a great feeling for you, I promise.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Just noticed ancee, has yours only got one door. I'm hoping mine has got 2.

Comment

I bought mine with one door but it wasn't long before I built in another. Mine is 25ft long. The original door was at the top(it is built on a slope) and my shed was at the bottom so if I needed to go to the shed for anything, I frequently had to walk all the way up the length of the tunnel, then all the way down the other side, then all the way back up, then all the way down again. That situation didn't last long.

Best to have doors at each end anyway as it makes it much easier to keep the tunnel cool in hot weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                        I bought mine with one door but it wasn't long before I built in another. Mine is 25ft long. The original door was at the top(it is built on a slope) and my shed was at the bottom so if I needed to go to the shed for anything, I frequently had to walk all the way up the length of the tunnel, then all the way down the other side, then all the way back up, then all the way down again. That situation didn't last long.

Best to have doors at each end anyway as it makes it much easier to keep the tunnel cool in hot weather.
                        If it comes with only 1 door, as you say AP it will soon have 2.........

Comment

It surprises me now Bigmal, when I look at the photos of the tip that was called a garden - but definitely wasn't! I'll have to put them all together begining to end once we've finished, sort of like a garden make-over but one that took a lot longer than the ones on tv! Yes our poly only has one door as it backs onto the water butts behind. My last one had two but I never opened one of them so I don't mind. There are the vents on the sides so hopefully that'll keep it cool. Also as we'll probably have an awful summer i'm not that worried about the garden getting too hot! You should be able to put another one in without too much trouble.

Comment

OOOOHHHHH! I'm a rooter!!!! When did that happen? Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X