Greenhouse recommendation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse recommendation

My boss has just finished a big renovation on his house and garden and wants to get a greenhouse to start a new hobby. He's decided on 12 x 8 ft but hasn't a clue on makes and models. He asked my opinion but neither do I. Basically money is no object but at the same time he's not looking to spend thousands and thousands on an ornate wooden victorian type greenhouse. The builders leveled the area and put in concrete foundations and it's wired for water and electricity.
    So just wondering could anybody recommend a very good quality make or model? And also if you had the cash, what would you choose between glass, polycarbonate and toughened glass?
    Thanks a lot!

Rhino greenhouses are very good here's a link to a previous thread and to the Rhino website :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...use_62415.html

Greenhouses by Rhino - Greenhouses Direct
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks a lot Bren. That set me on the right track and I found an Irish stockist of Rhino and other high-end houses.

Comment

I have an Elite with toughened glass in the garden and I'm very pleased with it. It's easy to use, strong, looks good and is finished nice plus the single panes of the toughened glass avoid sharp edges of overlapping joins. Consider going for a greenhouse with decent shoulder height, it makes quite a difference in the airy feel of the place when working in there.
        The Elite is good but I have to say if your boss's thinking of building it himself I found the instruction book rather confusing.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Thanks Mr Bones. He intends to go with someone who will also build it for him. This place also stocks Elite. So would you recommend toughened glass over polycarbonate and glass? Do you ever get panels blowing out? It seems to be par for the course with all greenhouses but maybe the more expensive ones dont blow out?
          Cheers

Comment

I've never had a glass panel blow out of a greenhouse. I've had tree fall on one but that wasn't the question......

Comment

Go for toughened glass with glazing beads/caps. This makes for a very strong GH that looks good, no green/black stuff where thr pains overlap.

I look long and hard before buying my GH. The Rhino was right there at the top and only got toppled at the last minute. When with the Greenhouse people's Hercules as I wanted a lean-to.
              Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

hello redser
                i live in kildare could you let me know the rhino greenhouse supplier please
                regards nemo
                one years weed is seven years seed

Comment

Hi nemo, it was polydome. But they actually stopped stocking them for some reason They have Eden and Elite which apparently are good makes. Couldn't find a Rhino supplier in the end. Here's polydome's glasshouse page ...
                  Buy your greenhouse online from Polydome Greenhouses
                  Cheers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X