No announcement yet.

Greenhouse vs. Polytunnel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. I was looking at a 10x20' tunnel for what I paid for my GH :/ Wish I had of thought of that before I bought the GH!

Comment

SarzWix, I can't get a cat flap in the house or shed because they both have glass doors.
      I'm going to Bloom tomorrow and i'll look at what they have. Hopefully I can choose. Don't greenhouses last longer? I need something that will last long and not fall apart.

Comment

I have a poly that is all metal base plates etc. the covers on all polytunnels (not the blow away types) are guaranteed five years but many companies say they last longer. My greenhouse is a traditional wooden one set on a concrete base. It gets treated/painted every year. Both were over £1k each. But they are at home and were saved up for rather than a snap purchase (well sort of)...windfalls. Is it for home or allotment? Straight onto soil or hard standing for container growing? There are some really good greenhouses out there such as Rhino, Swallow, Halls, etc. The polys are more bang for your buck in that they are bigger spaces against the cost of a greenhouse. It all depends on budget, space and location. I wouldn't put something grand on an allotment but I'd spend on quality for the home garden.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Sorry, I haven't been on for a while. I bought a 4ft by 6ft greenhouse in B&Q(It was the cheapest one with the biggest space) I also plan on using the trampoline as a polyhouse( I don't know what to call it) I am going to take the part you bounce on and put it on top of the poles that keep the net up and the wrap it in polythene. It might be hard to understand but once I have it up I'll take a photo of it and post it on this thread.

Comment

Good luck, have seen that done before with trampoline frames and works well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X