Growing lettuce indoors

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I have been using one of these for a couple of years now and like it so much that I bought a 2nd one this year.
    Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
    ^^^^^^^Would that be a Grow Light Garden by any chance if so I have had one three years and am more than happy.
    Noooooo! Why did two of you have have to recommend this? Ten minutes ago I'd never heard of this and now I've bought one I got the self watering tray too
    Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

You won't regret it. My original one has been on every day this year in my utility room taking care of my seedlings (currently lettuce and mizuna), giving them a good start before they are put outside with all the pests etc to contend with. So much easier to control the temperature indoors than in a greenhouse. The 2nd one is currently resting as I bought it to start off the more tender crops in the warmer spare bedroom.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
        You won't regret it.
        If next year is anything like this one then it could be a huge help. I had trouble keeping seedlings from getting too leggy as they were on the windowsills in their small pots for far too long with the rubbish weather. Lots ended up getting binned..... I'm hoping this will keep them short and sturdy.
        Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

That was exaclty my problem. Without a greenhouse I really struggled to grow things like tomatoes without them hitting the ceiling before they could go out. This goes a long way towards solving the problem.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I grow summer lettuces into november but they soon flag after that. This is when the winter ones take over. Have a flick through seeds of italy catalogue theyve loads that are winter hardy. Two words of caution though dont plant too close as shaded lower leaves can rot before your eyes and aphids will sometimes have a go even in january.

Comment

I have tried to grow lettuce in the greenhouse before but if i didn't eat it they soon wilted or looked bad,even with watering i couldn't get them into `shape`. The heat in the summer is also a problem.So what tips would you give me to keep a good crop of lettuce going through the warmer days?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X