Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMW View Post
    Thanks for the tips.

I have been putting them out the last few days and bringing then in at night. Think I will carry on with that a few more days then stick them in the greenhouse and keep an eye on the weather forecast.

My only other concern was whether they might get fried in the sun if left in the greenhouse during the day in this very warm weather at the moment. It does seem to get pretty hot in there during the day even left unzipped - is this likely to cause a problem?
    Mine are in a placcie one and they do get quite hot. If they're well watered in the morning they should be ok. Mine have been so far. I've had a little wilting (mainly one one whose roots I butchered when re-potting *oops*) but they perk up once you give them a drink and stick them in the shade. If you're concerned you could always stick some net curtain (charity shop) over the top to shade them.
    Last edited by Shadylane; 21-04-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PMW View Post
      they might get fried ...It does seem to get pretty hot in there during the day even left unzipped - is this likely to cause a problem?
      Yes, they will get very, very hot and scorched. Take the cover off if necessary, or at least drape/peg some shade over the top
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My tomatoes have also been in the greenhouse for a week and are already flowering. I think I will need to start training them up the support strings this week.

No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, no culture comparable to that of the garden. But though an old man, I am but a young gardener. - Thomas Jeffereson

http://hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/

Comment

They look very organised. I do like your containers, where did you get them from?

Comment

Hydrogardener, do you not get problems with neighbours thinking your growing something other than tomatoes with that set up? lol

Mine are in the unheated blowaway and are doing fine. If a frost threatens, i'll take my chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwalker View Post
              They look very organised. I do like your containers, where did you get them from?
              The pots are AutoPots and I believe they are made in the UK. They really work great. And, the neighbors can not see the greenhouse unless they have a helicopter....
              No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, no culture comparable to that of the garden. But though an old man, I am but a young gardener. - Thomas Jeffereson

Comment

But the plod do have helicopters

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hydrogardener3 View Post
                  The pots are AutoPots and I believe they are made in the UK. They really work great.
                  Thanks for the reply. I've just checked it out, looks an interesting system. Difficult for the average gardener to justify the price unfortunately.

Comment

The State Police overfly frequently, but have never dropped in. If they do I will treat them to a very nice salad and a spot of tea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X