No announcement yet.

solar heating for greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a little confused by your calculation at first because you have used American gallons and British thermal units. One way or another that is a lot of free energy.

Comment

Sorry Starloc- have just followed the link and realised the calculation is that of 'Millet'. That's Americans for you !

One reason I prefer black plastic pots is due to the soil warming properties earlier in the season.
      Last edited by rana; 15-03-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

The Passive Solar Greenhouse

I tried to recollect the name of a book I read some years ago - I think it was written by a
        Scandinavian - which was on this subject, but I'm afraid it is gone. This article might
        help.
        Last edited by Tam; 15-03-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

The book I mentioned found concrete the best method and the more the better.

Comment

The american gallon is smaller than the imperial gallon hence it only 8lbs not 10. The Btu is an internationally recognised measurement, his calc's are spot on.

However just to put things in perspective my combi boiler burns 120,000 Btus or approx 36Kw an hour it will raise 12 Ltrs of water a minute through 35`C.

Colin
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

solar heat

i have concrete paths in my tunnel and i used concrete blocks to make raised beds 4 1.2 meter by 12 meter beds if i painted these black would this help to raise the temperature on sunny winter days
              regards nemo
              one years weed is seven years seed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X