No announcement yet.

Wooden Coldframes? Any recommendations

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put an advert in the Liverpool Echo for what you want and the local scallies will have it delivered and erected before the person they nicked it off knows it's gone. (I used to live in the north end of Birkenhead).
    http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

I've got my eye on this one

Garden Cold Frame for sale, Buy Cold Frame | Creative Garden Ideas
      Reduced from £57.99 to £37.99. Good company, I use them a lot for compost and stuff.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
        I am looking for a quality cold frame for the garden but not £300 quids worth!

I like the idea of glass and hardwood but I am eager to explore any possibilities or manufacturers

All suggestions welcomed
        I bought two hardwood and glass ones from Wyevale last year at £50 a piece and they look exactly like the £300 ones that appear in the gardening glossies. They go well against my Swallow greenhouse which again cost a fraction of the fancy ones but looks as good. I am assuming that as this is for the garden so you want something that looks good as well as long lasting and functional?
        My other half suggested making me ones out of windows and then shut up when he saw my face
        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 09-03-2011, 09:59 AM.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          I bought two hardwood and glass ones from Wyevale last year at £50 a piece and they look exactly like the £300 ones that appear in the gardening glossies. They go well against my Swallow greenhouse which again cost a fraction of the fancy ones but looks as good. I am assuming that as this is for the garden so you want something that looks good as well as long lasting and functional?
          My other half suggested making me ones out of windows and then shut up when he saw my face
          I'd love someone to offer to make me some frames out of windows. I've loads of old windows in a shed and the thought of leaving someone at it for a day or two and coming back to ready made frames is bliss, instead of getting all the windows out and seeing what I'm going to bodge and cobble together this time.
          Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Oooooer missus

KER-I-KEY Two-Sheds
            Where did you put your poly box?
            I'm sure we have a lot of U.V's down here in South Devon & I'm into my 2nd year with the box.
            Them Norfolk U.V's must be very destructive....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X