Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assembly instructions for 6 x 4 x 5ft walk in plastic greenhouse?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly instructions for 6 x 4 x 5ft walk in plastic greenhouse?

Hi all

Bit of a long shot perhaps, but just wondering if someone can help. I've inherited a plastic greenhouse, apparently walk in with shelves and dimensions as above. However, I don't have any assembly instructions for it, and I can't find a maker's name or anything to try and get instructions from the manufacturer. I did have a look on google, but couldn't find anything helpful. It has a thick plastic cover with green grid pattern reinforcing bits. Does anyone happen to have some sort of instructions to put this together? At the moment I've just got lots of poles of different lengths, a cover, lots of jointy pieces and some wire shelves. Just knowing which size poles should go in which part of the GH would be a big help, I can probably figure out the rest...

Many thanks in advance,

Giles

Don't you just slot the poles together, then place a shelf on top?

I have the small plastic ones, and there are only 2 lengths of poles: the longer ones are horizontal and the shorter ones are verticals. Of course, yours may be more complex
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks.

Technically yes, you do slot the poles together and put shelves on top (I've got one of the small plastic greenhouses too) but this one is bigger and walk in, so it has shelves on either side of the main entrance. It has lots of different length and shape of poles, and I don't want to manage to get it all together only to find I've used the diagonal apex poles for the bottom vertical section or something!

Comment

Is it anything like the Gardman do you think? Does this photo help at all?
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ah hah! Possibly. When I put the cover over my head, it seemed to be more of a normal greenhouse shape - long and rectangular. That said, I think I see some oddly shaped poles in the gardman picture that I have in my box of bits. And the number of shelves and green cris-crossed cover match too.

I'll have another look at it tomorrow with a print out of that pic and see if I can make more sense of it. Many thanks indeed

Comment

There are 1 or 2 here that may help with your dilemma.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Cut out the middle man - chuck the cover over your neighbours fence a couple of doors down and bend and break the poles so they fit neatly in your bin

only joking of course
              Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Green plastic connectors

Have you got these? Without them it could be a problem!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Originally posted by sandspider View Post
                  Hi all

Bit of a long shot perhaps, but just wondering if someone can help. I've inherited a plastic greenhouse, apparently walk in with shelves and dimensions as above. However, I don't have any assembly instructions for it, and I can't find a maker's name or anything to try and get instructions from the manufacturer. I did have a look on google, but couldn't find anything helpful. It has a thick plastic cover with green grid pattern reinforcing bits. Does anyone happen to have some sort of instructions to put this together? At the moment I've just got lots of poles of different lengths, a cover, lots of jointy pieces and some wire shelves. Just knowing which size poles should go in which part of the GH would be a big help, I can probably figure out the rest...

Many thanks in advance, Giles
                  Sounds like the same type I collected from a freecycler a couple of years ago. No instructions, just poles and bits in a box. But I just went straight off to Focus and had a look at a similar one they had up on display. Then just put all the same size poles together and had a go, as it was not going to be difficult as such, just time consuming. I set up basic shape and then just kept adding poles until I thought it was the right size etc. Only real mistake was that I used the wrong poles for the shelves, that should have been structure. Tell-tale sign was not quite right, so just swapped poles around a bit and it was sorted. Once I put the cover on, I then strapped it to the side of my shed, as it gets really windy up at the lottie.

A few years on it's still standing, but is in need of a new sheet of plastic. But thinking I might just take off the old plastic, put a new tough plastic sheet on, then put the old plastic on top. That way it would be waterproof, but I'd be able to just cut a new plastic doorway and still use the doorway zip from the old plastic to keep it closed. I feel this would last longer than buying a new proper plastic greenhose cover, as the tiny bits of plastic are too thin. So thinking that polytunnel plastic will be stronger, plus it would benefit from having the structure and shape from the original on top.

Your only playing with different bits and shapes of plastic, so it's not like you'll get hurt or break anything. If you had instructions it's likely that it would tell you to make piles of the numbered poles together, but your poles will no longer have numbers on, so it won't be of any help to you. You have the advantage of knowing the end product is suppose to look greenhouse shaped, so just have a go.

Comment

Thanks one and all.

It seems that mine is not a Gardman, but I think with the help of some of the diagrams, I can figure it out, or at least make something that will hold plants. If I'm wrong, there's always King Carrot's suggestion

Comment

We spent the afternoon messing with one of these. we know we have one small piece of metl missing and two things are broke ...
                      Krypton factor style game..

6 shelves all on one side and curved roof.
                      Help. :-)

http://www.gardman.co.uk/sites/defau...aw_.HiRES_.PDF

That's what I've got. Five minutes Internet could ave saved all that fun ...
                      Last edited by alldigging; 18-11-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X