Greenhouse Cleaning!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse Cleaning!

Well today is a dry day (apart from the odd spot of rain - so technically not a dry day - but this is Wales!) so I have started the task of cleaning out my greenhouse!

Glass is coming up lovely with washing up liquid and warm water but what can I use on the floor? Its a concrete floor and has lots of algae on :-(

Would appreciate any help! Thank you very much :-)

My patio gets horrible black slime on it, very slippery.

I scrub it with soda crystals diluted in hot soapy water
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Dont forget to use ***** fluid as well to kill off any bugs that might be lurking.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

***** will also kill moss and algae. just pongs a bit.

Comment

You could always use a Sulphur Candle as well to kill the bugs. I would just use a stiff brush to get rid of algae on the floor with some water!

Comment

I quite like the smell of ***** I wash everything in it, the wheelie bins, driveway, garage floor, greenhouse, chickens (coop), fence, walls etc

I'd probably wash my little un in it, rather than change her nappies but I doubt the mrs would let me get away with that.

Comment

Thanks everyone - did the floor in ***** yesterday. You are right it does pong! Am waiting for the floor to dry now - think this will take a while!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                I quite like the smell of ***** I wash everything in it, the wheelie bins, driveway, garage floor, greenhouse, chickens (coop), fence, walls etc

I'd probably wash my little un in it, rather than change her nappies but I doubt the mrs would let me get away with that.
                I love the smell too. I just had visions of a load of damp chickens wandering around smelling of *****

Comment

I use 50/50 bleach and warm water. No scrubbing and a lovely clean floor, just leave the door open for a day to get rid of the pong.

Colin
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

i use it for the greenhouse but not on the patio,because the pooch is always drinking puddles.he would walk straight past his water bowl to get to a nice puddle
                    i dont suffer with insanity i enjoy every minute of it

Comment

Originally posted by Suky View Post
                      I love the smell too. I just had visions of a load of damp chickens wandering around smelling of *****
                      hehe, if only they'd poo out ***** - problem solved!

Comment

My greenhouse hasn't been used for over a year so who knows what nasties lurk in the crevices!

Anyone know where I can get a sulphur candle?
                        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Sure I saw some in a local B & Q Depot last week.

Colin
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                            My greenhouse hasn't been used for over a year so who knows what nasties lurk in the crevices!

Anyone know where I can get a sulphur candle?
                            Any decent garden centre. Cost about a fiver

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X