Snadgers patent stove!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snadgers patent stove!!!

Well after a lot of thought (about 3 1/2 minutes actually!) I decided not to heat my top greenhouse but heat my main greenhouse by means of a wood burning stove fashioned out of a Propane bottle!

I designed it with two doors, one for loading and one for cleaning. The flue is the tapered hexagonal top of a floodlight tower (just had it lying around!)

Fired it up the other day as a trial run outdoors and to burn the paint off! Packed it full of paper and timber and lit blue touch paper and retired to a safe distance!!! Whoosh!! Brilliant, burns like a goodun!

Stuck it in my greenhouse but once I fired it up the glass on the windows got hot enough to fry an egg. Stuck a few breeze blocks round it as deflectors and to act as a heat sink for overnight storage heating!
    Doesn't look much but works like a dream.! If I get lazy and can't be bothered to chop wood I just leave the top door open and leave the wood sticking out.
    Was in greenhouse today in the pee-ing rain potting on plants with the stove on and it was so comfortable I didn't want to go home! Everyone at lotties wants one now and I'm thinking of charging an entrance fee on my greenhouse! They can make there own though as if I ever make another improved version it will be for my other greenhouse!
    Now I know it's a success I may take it out again and make a better job of the surrounding blockwork!
    Anyway here's a couple of piccies, it may not be pretty but it's mine all mine!
    Attached Files
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I'm impressed snadger & we all thought you were mad. Just remember they thought Crippin was mad ...... oh, he was so maybe .........
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
      I'm impressed snadger & we all thought you were mad. Just remember they thought Crippin was mad ...... oh, he was so maybe .........
      You're such a smooth talker Nic................
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

A quality looking contraption Snadger.

Comment

Just brilliant Snadger. When can you do mine ?

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

That looks absolutely fantastic Snadger! Well done!
            [

Comment

Thats cool Snadger. It may not look pretty, but its beauty is in how well it works.
              Nice one.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Can I place an order please.............

Comment

Snadger are you going to go on 'Dragon's Den' with the idea & see if you can get any money out of them to market your idea? Not sure if 'health & safety' would pass it but it certainly looks cosy!
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Great stove snadger, bet you're all snug and toastie now.Its very similar to what they use in Turkey in the winter to heat the polytunnels for the tomato season, they have pipes running the length of the ceiling to carry heat. The air smells of smoke constantly in the winter.
                    Bex

Comment

That looks fantastic Snadger! I am always amazed by people who make the most fantastic stuff out of bits of this and that, i always stumble at the first hurdle - i'd be a rubbish inventor!
                      There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
                      Happy Gardening!

Comment

Fantastic!!!!
                        I think you should enter that in a competition!!!

How about in the Vine comp under a section called something like 'Wot I have made'. (Lotties /veg plot biased) Some of the male OH's might join in too!!?
                        Could include benches and chairs for the woodwork section , and bird scarers/DIY stoves(!) in a metalwork section....ooh...and a fencing competition too ( wobbly-or straight)??LJ??
                        You'd probably be an outright winner with that stove Snadge
                        Last edited by Nicos; 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello Snadger and congratulation!!!!
                          the secret of happiness is sharing...so would you so kindly share your knowledge and give us more information how you created the stove ( it is lovely ) expecially what did you use for cutting the metal, measuremts etc. Tonight I will be scouring my local garages for some...........
                          Don Vincenzo

Comment

Before anyone goes at a gas cylinder with a saw or a grinder make sure it has been degassed - please .Being from Northern Ireland Ive seen firsthand how far they can fly.
                            BTW Snadger good one . Nice job
                            Last edited by beefy; 05-03-2007, 06:06 PM.
                            There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

SNADGER
                              How about a 47 kilo version you could then load it with fence posts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X