Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got one!

Got a greenhouse yesterday. So chuffed.
    Was blathering on about freecycle yesterday at work when one of my ward sisters asked how it all worked so i told her. Then she asked if she would get rid of her old greeenhouse that way so I told her it would be far quicker for her to give it to me!
    She says its mine as long as I dismantle it, which is ok. It does have two broken panes of glass but that not a big problem. Don't know what size it is, and don't care just so happy to have got one at last! Will get her a nice bottle of vino as a thank you.
    OH happycos once we have it and get it up. I can shift all the trays etc off the kitchen table.

Kirsty
    Kirsty b xx

Hi KirstyB,

I am so excited for you I have ended up ordering one, long story.... and it arrives tomorrow Yipee.

No one at work understands how eciting a greenhouse can be, let us know how you get on, Mandy

Comment

Well done!!!
      Perfect timing too eh?
      We were given ours from a guy with a plot at the other end of the lotties. We removed the glass and 4 of us carried the intact frame across all the lotties inbetween and over their fences!! Should have taken a photo!!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well done!
        If you can be bothered, write on the panes before you take them out (lipstick is good). label each side S (south), N, E or W, and then numbers, so you get N1, N2 and so on. It will make putting it back together much easier, like a jigsaw.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Nice One Kirsty!! Nowt like getting a freebie, and especially good when tis a greenhouse!

Have lots of fun dismantling / moving and erecting it, make sure you've a good pair of gloves and try not to make any blood sacrifices, it can hurt quite badly, I know from experience!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Good news - what are you going to grow in it?
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

[QUOTE=mandyballantyne;71333]Hi KirstyB,

I am so excited for you I have ended up ordering one, long story.... and it arrives tomorrow Yipee.

I had resigned myself to saving up for one too having been too slow on the freecycle and missing out a few times.

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Well done!
              If you can be bothered, write on the panes before you take them out (lipstick is good). label each side S (south), N, E or W, and then numbers, so you get N1, N2 and so on. It will make putting it back together much easier, like a jigsaw.
              Excellent tip, will do that as I am a complete first timer at this greenhouse game.

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
              Nice One Kirsty!! Nowt like getting a freebie, and especially good when tis a greenhouse!

Have lots of fun dismantling / moving and erecting it, make sure you've a good pair of gloves and try not to make any blood sacrifices, it can hurt quite badly, I know from experience!
              Noted Mrs D.

At the mo I only plan to put trays of seedlings etc in it. Until I know the exact dimensions I'm trying hard not to make too many plans for it!! I'm still smiling a lot and to add to the good stuff, my lovely OH bought me another of the 12.50 minis from Focus today.

Kirsty
              Last edited by kirsty b; 27-02-2007, 06:14 PM.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Congratulations Kirsty B. Hope you have many happy hours in there. You'll soon have it stuffed.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

You've joined the club Kirsty, well done, you will really enjoy it. Let us know what grows best.

Sam

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X