Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurrah..! Mine is up as well. Greenhouse that is.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurrah..! Mine is up as well. Greenhouse that is.

I'm sure the blood will wash off, and I've lost several fingernails, but hey just call me Woman Who Builds Glass Box.

But why did no one warn me about the evil invention that is the W clip.

Hope it does not get too windy in the next week I've not got it drilled down yet. As its brand new it look's like it's made out of sliver. Got loads of extra bits to fit, staging etc...

Then sowing the hundreds of packets of seed I've accumulated. Roll on spring.
    (Spring roll..?!?)
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Lol! Well done Seasprout! Bet you feel really chuffed that its up, I know I did when we did ours!

Have to agree, the w clip is a pain, methinks its a medieavel torture device thats just been found a new job, worst is when it twangs off and hits your fingers, just above the nail, swearing I found was a useful way of releasing the pain!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I'm sooooo jealous of you greenhouse types............but my time will come! Meanwhile - just call me woman with seed trays on big pile of furniture under Velux in an attempt to catch every last ray of light!

Well down seasprout!

Comment

Lol Hazel! Thats where half our seedlings are at the moment, on Mr D's exercise bench in the loft, under the velux! The greenhouse we've currently got is unheated and on the plot, so too cold for toms / chillis / aubergines / melons yet, but we are going to pop some more onions and leeks in it next weekend!

Hopefully the small 6' by 4' greenhouse we are getting soon is going in the back yard, and if we can rig up some electric to it, then we can have it heated, so will make life a bit easier, but I still recons we will end up with windowsills as full as they are now! lol!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

What you need is an old screwdriver with a slot in it like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	greifless_tool.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	2318481

ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            just call me woman with seed trays on big pile of furniture under Velux in an attempt to catch every last ray of light!
            It's a mouthful but will certainly give it a try.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I know I'm being daft but I've wanted one since i moved in a few years ago, I saved for ages last year to buy one during the winter, worked over Xmas to be able to afford the one i wanted, Then the car broke down 3 times since then, and took all the overtime but I thought SOD IT, I'm worth it and paid for it out of my savings.

And I built it all myself, with no help from the boyfriend because the 6 nations was on.!

All I need now is an 8 year old to tell me how to post a photo of it on this site.
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

LJ has the instructions on how to do it! (Post a piccy before you say anything Nick!)

But if you want to put it on as an attachment, then try and follow this
              1 CLICK GO ADVANCED BUTTON
              2 CLICK ON THE ATTACHMENT ICON (PAPERCLIP)
              3 CLICK ON BROWSE AND FIND THE PICCY IN YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU WANT TO UPLOAD
              4 CLICK ON UPLOAD
              5 CLOSE THE WINDOW AND FINISH YOUR POST, THEN IT SHOULD APPEAR AS AN ATTACHMENT

Hope this works!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                LJ has the instructions on how to do it! (Post a piccy before you say anything Nick!)

But if you want to put it on as an attachment, then try and follow this
                1 CLICK GO ADVANCED BUTTON
                2 CLICK ON THE ATTACHMENT ICON (PAPERCLIP)
                3 CLICK ON BROWSE AND FIND THE PICCY IN YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU WANT TO UPLOAD
                4 CLICK ON UPLOAD
                5 CLOSE THE WINDOW AND FINISH YOUR POST, THEN IT SHOULD APPEAR AS AN ATTACHMENT

Hope this works!
                Do I look the sort.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

LJ's instructions are simple - read Bens instructions!!!!

Seriously Ben has posted instructions for resizing and posting pictures on the Grapevine in the first thread Please Read Before Posting on the Fruit And Vegetable Showcase.
                    [

Comment

Well done Seasprout, glad you've joined the club, let us know what you grow in there and how it goes (my first green house season too)

Sam

Comment

Congratulations to SS and SS on the greenhouse achievements. Mine arrived yesterday so I had loads of fun laying it out in the livingroom and pretending I was inside it. They will lock me up some day vey soon

Comment

Mandy, always remember, you are not on your own doing these daft things.
                          Don't you know, theres a little bit of madness in all gardeners otherwise we would'nt all be out in the freezing weather trying to grow stuff that others just go to the supermarket for.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

It's the others what is daft !

Congratulations seasprout!
                            Catch up with my daily doings at http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ and http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/ but wait a while cos these are well out of date ! Don't want to ditch them entirely cos I'll never remember the urls !

Comment

Originally posted by mandyballantyne View Post
                              Congratulations to SS and SS on the greenhouse achievements. Mine arrived yesterday so I had loads of fun laying it out in the livingroom and pretending I was inside it. They will lock me up some day vey soon
                              Just a word of warning Mandy - don't build it indoors!!! There was a guy near here who built a boat in his garden, then realised he lived in a terrace with no rear garden access.....
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X