Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of space?

Yep, me too!

Yea us to we need to get stuff into the green house but its not heated and we dont wont to kill of what we have grown
    when can we risk it. or do we just bite the bulit and try it
    Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
    Dobby

Comment

Take us through what you've got growing there WiZer

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby View Post
        Yea us to we need to get stuff into the green house but its not heated and we dont wont to kill of what we have grown
        when can we risk it. or do we just bite the bulit and try it
        They will get a shock if they go from warm to cold just like that. Do some hardening off first.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          They will get a shock if they go from warm to cold just like that. Do some hardening off first.
          Yea Ill tell Mrs D we got to do some Hardening off
          Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
          Dobby

Comment

Hello Wizer, yes I think you are running out of space there ! But what are you growing. Is it possible some of it could be moved to cool conditions then into your polytunnel.
            Just been having another look at your blog - Thank you. Good demonstration of making the newspaper pots. I've thought of another way of making them but it does involve a bit of sellotape. I'll try and put it on later.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Yup every window sill is full of plant seedlings and my cold frame is full of hardy annuals. Also potatoes in the garden are in tubs and I am now fitting brackets to all my planters and tubs to put out front for the summer display, these are secured to the concrete to stop the yobs picking them up and tipping them over the cars in the street.
              I dont think that I will ever fill my allotment up though. five rod is veg the other five rod is going to be flowers etc.
              http://lowestoftnaturalist-benacre.blogspot.com/

Comment

Far left in the pots are Chillis, Toms, Aubs and Peppers. The root trainers have carrots and parsnips. The small tray has basil and sage. Up on the top shelf are 3 courgettes,about 30 toms and a tray of parsnips in loo rolls, below more carrots and parsnips in root trainers and a tray of peas in root trainers. The large pots have onions and leeks.

I'm not having much luck with my seedlings, things are either dieing or getting too leggy.

My plan is to just keep sowing like crazy and hope some stuff survives

Comment

Originally posted by Benacre View Post
                  I dont think that I will ever fill my allotment up though. .
                  Ha Ha thats a funny one....I said that once when I had one plot. Then I said it when I got the second.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Your not the only ones, My onions and leeks are already outside due to lack of space and will be going to the greenhouses on the allotment very shortly. The heating and lighting in the home greenhouse allows me to get stuff rampaging away very early indeed. Hopefully I will be eating tomatoes by June.

The problem is made worse as I always grow far to many plants and hate to chuck any out.

Last edited by pigletwillie; 25-02-2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiZeR View Post
                      Far left in the pots are Chillis, Toms, Aubs and Peppers. The root trainers have carrots and parsnips. The small tray has basil and sage. Up on the top shelf are 3 courgettes,about 30 toms and a tray of parsnips in loo rolls, below more carrots and parsnips in root trainers and a tray of peas in root trainers. The large pots have onions and leeks.

I'm not having much luck with my seedlings, things are either dieing or getting too leggy.

My plan is to just keep sowing like crazy and hope some stuff survives
                      Think maybe you've started things off a bit early!

Comment

Sorry LJ, all changed to thumbnails.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
                          Piglet can you please resize your photos to fit the forum.
                          ooooo. get you all domineering

I've got two greenhouses full at the moment I'm eaven thinking of a olytunnel on the lottie to take the overspill!
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Scared me!!!

Comment

Scared me as well - I've just resized all the pictures on my computer!!!
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X