No announcement yet.

Parasene Heater

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The smell won't affect your plants but your trouble might be that there is no Oxygen in the greenhouse (you need a window or louvre open just a tad ).

Parafin does smell I'm afraid - have you spilt any whilst filling it? if so clean it up as it will poison the soil (if you have beds).

You can buy an addative that you put in the parafin that is supposed to mask the smell - never tried it so can't say.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

I bought a small heater with the mesh lid just before Christmas. Bessie mate who was plant sitting while we were away, actually managed to burn the mesh right through so now there's a hole where the mesh was together with a ton of soot !

The other twin thingy heater in the 6'x8' g/h has coped well in the weather. I open the door once a day and everything inside seems to be doing OK. The smell actually doesn't bother me too much and I fill mine with a funnel and keep an eye on the level inside the funnel. Only overpoured once so far.
      Catch up with my daily doings at http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ and http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/ but wait a while cos these are well out of date ! Don't want to ditch them entirely cos I'll never remember the urls !

Comment

As far as the wick is concerned, trim it flat and light it when it is just protruding the holder. If you then leave it alone for a minute and turn it down as low as you dare so the flame is only 1/2 inch (12.7mm for you metrics) tall.

Dont be afraid that this is too low as the heat it generates is amazing. You use less fuel and won't get sooty. What most people don't realise is that you have to do this every time you light it.
        Hope this helps
        Darren
        Last edited by dwrudd; 11-02-2007, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X