What should I do, ebay poly tunnel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
    They do need to make it clear if they're not up to the job.
    I'd say that goes for the blowaway greenhouses too. How many of those end up in landfill every year?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yeah and not just that but I bet a lot of people give up at the first hurdle since all their seedlings have just ended up in next doors yard. After ours ended up half away across the garden we secured it to the fence with hook screws and strong rope and apart from once instance when it was REALLY windy and the frame worked itself free and collapsed it's been ok. Just a warning on the front reminding people to secure it would suffice and save people a lot of hassle.

Comment

GrowUp was as good as their word, received my replacement next day!, hopefully this other seller will do the right thing and replace/refund. I have until to tomorrow to lodge my return with ebay which Is what I shall do.

I think though using it as a temporay is about right and I shall be as per my other post convincing myslef to get a greenhouse, hopefully my neighbour wont sell it to her new buyer and I will get first dibbs

Comment

We got a 4x4x2 meter one from Grow-Up.

We dug all the lower poles into the ground such that the lower frame is touching the floor all the way round. The frame we ensured all poles were pushed into each other as snugly as possible. We buried all the excess cover ion trenches we had dug around the perimeter..

The frame should not be able to work free if everything is done properly.

Bear in mind our allotment is VERY windy some days.....touch wood the polyhouse has been up a solid 8 weeks now, so we are very happy with GrowUp.

Last edited by nomis; 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to update you,

Growup as promised sent me a new polytunnel, following the photos they said I had a faulty one.

The other supplier, whose tunnel looked like growup, but wasnt as substantial, after registering a "not as described" offered a full refund providing I couriered back the item so although my friend was down £15 it was a result.

Not sure he will go back down the route of another, unless he goes to growup

Comment

i ordered mine through growup after talking to tlck9. it should arrive next week. i plan to add a few wooden supports to the frame just to be sure it stays well and truly in place.
              Finding Home

Comment

hi i may sound thick but can anyone tell me more about grow-up sites as i seem to get the pussy cat dolls when i google it thx

Comment

Originally posted by skippy7610 View Post
                  hi i may sound thick but can anyone tell me more about grow-up sites as i seem to get the pussy cat dolls when i google it thx
                  these people I presume

Polytunnels items - Get great deals on pollytunnels, greenhouse items on eBay.co.uk Shops!

Comment

Originally posted by tlck9 View Post
                    No the frame actually bent and snapped, when I compared it too mine, the poles are thinner, to be honest I've checked and they are thinner than my gazebo ones

The frame bent at what looked to be a weak weld joint, I suspect that it wasnt as strong as the rest, as it bent, it put pressure on the others and caused it to fail. Trouble is as it did it collasped and severed the cover as well.

It couldnt be used again, too much damage . The only saving grace was because it had been put up properly and properly dug into the ground it didnt trash the rest of the garden and smash the greenhouse.
                    there are some on ebay where the seller states that their tubes are thicker than the others,i actually bought one and when i erected it i drove lengths of 2x2 into the ground by the side of four of the tubes and then cable tied them together and mine has been up since last spring with no problems.
                    i dont suffer with insanity i enjoy every minute of it

Comment

I had one of these and it did stay put in the wind because I tied it to the hedge on 2 sides and to planks at the bottom
                      But the cover became so porous that by the 2nd summer it was raining inside the tunnel as much as outside, and the little squares of clear poly would fall out and land on the toms
                      So it was a lot of money for just 1 good summer and winter of use IMO

Comment

we've brought a gardman tunnel from ebay,and have secured it to a high fence on one side,a short fence on the other side and groundpegs and guideropes on the other side and wherever else we could! Has been ok in the 40mph gusts we have had over the last few days!

Many years ago we had a plastic walk in greenhouse with the same issues as you descibed with the little squares falling throu from the green checked type cover-this tunnel just has the plain cover as i was wary of the same happening again.

Comment

We have the gardman. It came with a plain cover which ripped within a week. Gardman have since replaced the cover - free of charge - with one of the green mesh ones. Haven't put it on yet though and don't intend to anytime soon. At least until these gales have stopped.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X