Watertight

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watertight

Finished erecting my second hand greenhouse last October its on blocks with a tantalised lath between that and the frame but I've noticed water gets in at the corners so the soil is always damp.
    Will it cause a problem and should I seal around the base to make it watertight ?
    Location....East Midlands.

Won't be as warm but it will make watering easier so it's your call. Personally I'd leave it unless there is a horrible cold draft running through.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

You need to don wellies in mine after its rained!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Like Mr in Pots says its only wet in there when it rains

There's only some winter lettuce in the border so its like i need to keep the greenhouse warm so what I've been doing is leaving the door open when its not freezing or too windy so the air doesn't get stale because I've been worried in case the damp soil would make things mouldy.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X