Can't bear it!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't bear it!

Old greenhouse came down a few weeks ago, new one still hasn't arrived, various plants struggling to cope with the frost. Daren't bring them inside - darling hub is already having to deal with next door's cat, which we appear to have adopted. I can't bear it. Any ideas to help me cope with the frustration?
    Jools

You could always come & look after my two
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Nick! Thats cruel!!!!

Sorry Jools, all I could offer is perhaps to get one of those cheap plastic ones as a standby? Other than that put them as close to the house and in as warm a spot as possible and hope for the best!

Hope they survive until the new greehouse arrives!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Oh dear jools, that's not much fun. As well as bringing them as close to the house as poss you could chuck some fleece or bubble wrap over them to add some insulation.

Hope they survive.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Why not just take them all into the house Jools, and spin hubby a tale along the line of ........... well, I'm sure you can do it all yourself.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks for the support. I've been away for the weekend, so at least I don't have to look at the space where a greenhouse should be....

About 10 days ago I was informed that it would be delivered this week, but apparently that was a mistake so now it won't be until the week after next! Grrrrrrrrrr!

I did bring some chilli pepper plants in after I read on this site that they are perennials (didn't know before) but all the leaves fell off and they looked worse than the ones I left outside. I will see if I can squeeze some in the shed and wrap some of the others up but really I'm going to have to chill out aren't and settle down with the seed catalogues and dream of next year.

Or I could come round to yours, Nick!

Jools

Comment

Jools where are you?? I have a pretty empty greenhouse on the lottie you are welcome to use for now?!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Nicos
                Thanks for your kind offer but I have had a major sort out in the summer house and have managed to find space for the tender plants.

Its more my frustration that's the problem!
                Jools

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X