No announcement yet.

Our home made grow barn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where wombling and Art meet! Proves though that you can make a thing of beauty outa rubbish. The proberbial purse out of a pigs ear
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Amazing, not only is it recycled and so practical, the structure looks sooooo good too! I'm jealous! You can enjoy it all now after the hard work. Thanks for inspirational pics

Comment

am glad this is giving others the inspiration,sometimes,it's just how to go about things,if other peeps post their home knock togethers,then that would be good also,i am sure others out there can come up with an easier one,i only got it,because DH did all the heavy work and skrewing,as he is stronger than me lol
        so come post YOUR pics....... kevnsue have and is just another idea,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm in awe!! It looks great!

How is the bed structure working out? I've got my eye on a similar one for the polytunnel...

Comment

hi OWG,this is my first few weeks with it,my thinking behind it was,i can get to all bits without tramping on the soil,reach the sides to plant and tend things like melons that climb,i also trying out some baskets on the sides with tumble toms,or indeed strawberries next year,also with it being 3 long beds,will be good for a crop rotation should i need to,the barn runs from east to west,with the right hand side/long beds,face the south,i thought it better that way,so if i decide to grow anything like climbing,beans,tall toms,then they are all in the favoured position for the suns rays,and the long boarder on the left,should get what sun is left,we did make the sides 5ft,i also store the canes up in the rafters and if wanted to,could hang baskets of the cross members,lots of scope for the future,good luck with yours
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I knew I should never have looked in this area of the forum.
              My fears are borne out. I will now need to build a greenhouse-type-thingy, but this is so impressive, and all out of pallets. Fan-bloody-tastic job.

Comment

Lottie, your photos seem to have vanished from the first post? Not sure if that's a forum glitch or if you've deleted them? If it's a glitch, would you mind re-posting one or two?

Comment

not just me then !!!
                  this will be a battle from the heart
                  cymru am byth

Comment

Thought I was going mad and I really want to see the pics now after everyone raving so much.It sounds amazing!
                    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      Lottie, your photos seem to have vanished from the first post? Not sure if that's a forum glitch or if you've deleted them? If it's a glitch, would you mind re-posting one or two?
                      OOOOOhh,am not computor savy,but what i think has happened is,i changed computers,a young friend set it all up,unfortunately,them pics ar still on the old hard drive,i have no idea what so ever what to do,even if the vines EXPERTS tell me it will be gobble de gook,what i can do,is have a look see what i have got since then,and post em up,also next trip to lottie,get some more and closer up,just thaught,you can see some of it on BM's thread,a view from a shed door,
                      just telling DH,he says we go down and get some more,so watch this space,am a bit gob smacked,plus it has been altered since,as in now glass sides,and a poly roof,all mackled up for free,of caurse,
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 14-02-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Pict of our home made grow barn,green house,10ft wide,18ft long,if your viewing this for the first time,please refer to the begining of thread,
                        Attached Files

Comment

a few more pics,
                          the last pic shows just 1 side of our water collection system,
                          have just been reading the thread from the begining,especcially the 1 about the beds lay out,last year i altered it to 1 path up the middle and got rid of the wood,better without it,so on reflexion am possibley might put some mor slabs down,and have the same arangement again,it has given me food for thought,so thanks peeps,i do have more pics on me phone,when i can work out whats happened,like where they been sent to,and retreive,
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by lottie dolly; 14-02-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

That is amazing, must have taken you ages and a lot of hard work. Bet you are really looking forward to getting growing in there.
                            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

We want pictures.

Comment

How many more pictures do you need to see what it looks like?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X