Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my tomatoes go in the unheated greenhouse yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My toms have been in unheated greenhouse for weeks and weeks. I have been bringing them out every morning to sit in the garden for the day and putting them back each evening - takes a little while as there are 25! hopefully they will be ok for the plot in another week. I have left 2 out overnight as a test (1 night so far) and all seems well.
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Thanks everyone - I know this is an old thread but have just read it all with interest. It's my first year with a greenhouse and it's a small lean-to (apparently these are quite good because the house wall helps keep the temperature stable) so I have everything to learn about how to use it. Have been a purely outdoor gardener until now Am planning bush and vine toms and dwarf and vine French beans. It's gonna be busting! Have some cucs but gather they like it steamy
      Last edited by Noosner; 10-04-2013, 10:28 PM.
      My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Noosner, exactly what size is your "small lean-to"?

French beans would probably be better grown outside.

Comment

Hi Rusty Lady

The lean-to is about 6' high x 3' wide and 1' 6" deep, so very tiddly really.

I've never managed to successfully grow French beans outside here so although I'm going to try again this year by putting them in containers against a south-facing wall, I thought I'd also try 2 plants in the lean-to as an experiment, pinching off the vine one when it hits the roof!
          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X