Dismantling a wooden greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismantling a wooden greenhouse

I have used the search facility but have only found a couple of posts on this subject.
    Can anyone who has done it tell me how easy/difficult it was. Pitfalls, tips etc etc.

Many thanks
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Yes Bob, I dismantled mine (bought from and old lady a couple of years ago)
    1) Take glass out first. 2) Take various photos of frame work 3) have loads of sticky labels at hand and label each joint ie A1 A1L so that you know that those two join on the left hand side, from there it is just a case of unbolting the sections and marking them to make re assembly easier. Then taking it away!! ... and it will be heavy !!
    Last edited by digthatchick; 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM.
    http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

How was the glass attached? Was it putty and pinned?
      How was the wood attached to each other? Was it screws/nuts and bolts?

There will probs be plenty more questions as I think of them.
      Ta for that already.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

The glass is usually held in by plastic clips that are screwed into the wood and wooden beading that is pinned (well mine are - Alton greenhouse circa 1970's!) and the greenhouse frame is fixed with nuts and bolts.
        http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Thats brilliant.
          Many thanks again.
          Bob Leponge

Comment

take one hammer ........ and for the non bashable bits ........ a chainsaw

Comment

A photograph!!! I moved a metal one a few years ago and made a right hash of it....I never thought of photographs!!!! my label idea let me down as many fell off!!

Pat
              "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Comment

Labels?? I used a marker pen ie FL/FR - front left/right
                RL/RR - rear left/right etc

Comment

I dismantled a wooden greenhouse from a friends garden, it was on a purpose made concrete base and was bolted down and the setions were also bolte together.

What I did was take the panes of glass out first, I numbered the panes and made a drwing of the different sides of the greenhouse then wrte down the number of the pane of glass on the picture where it came from.

When it came to dismantling the frame, the bolts were rusted so I used an angle grinder to cut the heads off them then knocked them out with a screwdriver the roof sections came down first then the walls.

Putting it back up was a doddle I just looked at where the drawing said the numbered pieces of glass came from and put them back there, I did have to purchas new bolts of course.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Cheers all. Hopefully I shall be putting all this to the test sometime pretty soon.
                    Bob Leponge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X