Build your own polytunnel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigletwilie
    Congrats man - that looks very professional - I take it you and yours didn't end up floating above the East Midlands when you were putting the cover on.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cheap as chips

That is one smart looking polytunnel PW, congratulations.

Now can you come and build me one please????????

Oh yes - and can you supply all the bits as well?

Best bring your own Rhubarb schnapps as well, ours hasn't forced enough yet.....

And there are beds to dig, seeds to plant, etc etc etc etc
      Dave

Do what you enjoy, or learn to enjoy what you do - life is too short.

Comment

Piglet willie that looks one fine polytunnel. I wish you well to use it.
        Jax

Comment

Wow nice work there !

Comment

That tunnel looks fab even better than a very expensive bought one near me which they ripped b4 they even finished it!!!! For an absolute virgin at diy (steady there) how easy would it be?

Comment

Its fairly easy to build however the hard part is getting the bits,

Here are a few piccies of it going up.

Comment

that's must be the best DIY tunnel i have ever see , and cheap to
                ---) CARL (----
                ILFRACOMBE
                NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Hi David
                  Just joined was looking at building our own polytunnel all the unfo you have given will be a great help to us.
                  yours looks great hope ours looks as good

regards
                  Gill

Comment

i built my own polytunnel this year out of conduit that was got through an electrician friend and all i bought was the cover.
                    the only problem is that i cannot keep it were it is now(long story) so i am going to have to take it all down again and move it else were. but hopefully not for a month or two as my vedg are not all ready yet.
                    i have been getting courgettes,radish,herbs,beetroot,chillis,peas. so not doing too bad.

Comment

Hello all, I'm hoping to build my own polytunnel as described by Alan P on his Over The Garden Gate website. But even before starting, I've come up against a problem. All the scaffolding I've been able to find (purchased second-hand actually) has a diameter of about 50mm. So it's impossible to fit 50mm water piping over the scaffoldhing pipes. I'm needing to get hold of water pipes with a 60mm (or slightly bigger) diameter.

Pigletwillie if you're still reading these posts, I'd be grateful if you'd confirm the dimensions of your scaffolding pipes and water piping. Many thanks!
                      Last edited by White Hare; 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

The scaffolding is standard and I think the tubing has an INTERNAL diameter of 50mm. You can buy it from proper plumbers merchants if needed.

I needed to use grease on the scaff poles to get the pipe over them as its a snug fit.

Make sure that you allow plenty of pole to be knocked into the ground, three foot at least.

Comment

Thank you Dave! That makes sense now. I look forward to having a go.
                          Last edited by White Hare; 12-09-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X