This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Greenhouse report

I know I'm recovering from my last hospital trip, my wife has stopped following me into the greenhouse to catch me if I collapse again lol. Strawberries almost ready for the second flush of fruit on the perpetuals, these Flamenco are huge fruits compared to the Mara des Bois. Tommies are coming along, more Minibell and Black Cherry ripe and the Tigerella almost ready along with Borghese too. Sweetcorn is a new variety(wish I could remember what they are lol), flower spikes appearing. Still loads of sweet peas and just planted some more lettuce plants in between the tommies away from the slugs and snails.
    I have had a couple of split tommies, being in hospital for a week and not regular watering, I did say in one of my videos on youtube that I didn't need an auto watering system, well you cannot plan for everything, so maybe I do need a trickle system after all.

The year before last, after our holiday greenhouse watering neighbour had moved, we tried one of these. We already had some piping from a previous auto set up that got rare use thanks to our neighbour! It works with a water butt (which we also bought via a water company offer) or tap connection. It seemed to work well but was a bit tricky to fathom its settings at first. Cheaper than current price at about £18 I thought it was worth trying.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PDS3HB4/

Last edited by smallblueplanet; 18-08-2023, 08:04 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Thanks for that I will have a look for next years growing season.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X