Bar capping the glass, worth it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar capping the glass, worth it?

So I see that you can fit bar capping over the glass frame 'joins', it's around £150 extra depending on brand/retailer. Is it a good idea?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Is this to make the glass more secure? If so, quite pricey - but I had a pane break two winters ago, and I'm still finding bits of glass around. I have two cats, so not good.
    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Babru View Post
      Is this to make the glass more secure? If so, quite pricey - but I had a pane break two winters ago, and I'm still finding bits of glass around. I have two cats, so not good.
      You can only use it on toughened glass or plastic stuff. It's too make the glass more secure and it looks neater/easier to clean. Price depends on greenhouse size/brand and retailer's price. Been looking at Vitavia greenhouses, bar capping is only £75 on theirs.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Mine is toughened glass. It breaks into little squares, so better than shards, but still very sharp.

£75 looks like a bargain against £150!

You've reminded me I need to check the clips holding my panes in, after all the high winds we've had...
        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I had to look up what a bar cap was, as I have a rhino greenhouse I don't require that, but it might be worth while looking up the cost of their spares and see if you can purchase their retaining srips
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X