This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Is that a weather station too, quanglewangle?
    It is. Also on the pole is a 2.4Ghz high gain antenna for the Internet connection. The sensors are cheap Maplin ones and the barings have seized. I need to get them down and replace them - needs fine weather and mrs quanglewangle to be distracted long enough for me to climb the pole.
    The software is home-brewed. Only shows greenhouse conditions at present. See http://fimblefowl.co.uk:8082/
    ​​​​​​
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Brilliant. I really fancy erecting a weather station. Sounds like you made it all yourself. Congrats. Careful up that pole.

Comment

I once watched cows during a lunch break while watching a rain storm that damaged a storm drain about a mile away.
        The number of cows laying down indicated the rainfall rate quite consistently.
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Clearly needs a sweep out...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Compress_20220610_180503_3064.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2547114
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Looking magnificent, QW.

Comment

Impressive crops QW you're way ahead of us
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My toms and basil in the GH border.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FF876B0E-38DC-467B-9F03-B4A08EEB0C7E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	732.1 KB ID:	2547130

Cucs and Mini bell toms on self watering mat.

Name:	5E58D3AB-AB7E-42F7-97E2-E9D0523C710F.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2547131
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-06-2022, 07:53 AM.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  My toms and basil in the GH border.

Cucs and Mini bell toms on self watering mat.
                  Some tomatoes colouring up there!

I keep thinking mine are but it's a reflection of my red overalls.

Everybody else's greenhouses look so neat.

Comment

Looking good there Bren
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

QW I inspect my Tom's every time I go in the garden I think it helps them ripen ​​​​​​
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        QW I inspect my Tom's every time I go in the garden I think it helps them ripen ​​​​​​
                        They are like watched pots.
                        A watched pot never boils.
                        A watched tomato never ripens.
                        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

"You don't fatten a goose by weighing it"

Comment

First year with a greenhouse at home for me and I am already wondering how on earth I managed without it. I had forgotten to take any photos of the inside of it although I have been doing my usual monthly garden ones, but this thread reminded me. I found out just how hard it is to take photos of a 6ft square greenhouse! Everything in here is experimental to some degree.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-12 08.26.25.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.5 KB ID:	2547198

On the sunny (north) side - 4 tomatoes in a Quadgrow, 2 more under the shelf, with 3 Garden Pearl on the shelf waiting to plant out. Pots of cosmos on the floor are waiting for the peas to finish. There are also 2 troughs of begonias on the floor near the door which completely defied my attempts to get them into a photo. The plants on the other shelf are asters in need of planting out. Under that shelf are 2 cucumbers in a duogrow planter. The slats will hopefully keep the young plants slightly shaded and help support them when they grow. The numbered buckets are storing sieved compost for next year's carrots as well as providing a "shelf" for strawberries.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-12 08.27.13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	2547199

The shadier side, which is about 4ft from a north facing garage wall. The top shelf gets plenty of sun and has 3 Ferline tomatoes waiting for the cauliflowers to finish, melons, cucumbers and a courgette which will go to the allotment. The 2nd shelf is brassicas - 2 trays of pak choi that I am growing for baby leaves and some romanesco and kohlrabi that will go to the allotment when bigger. The lowest shelf houses cuttings (fuchsias and geraniums), a couple of begonias that are being rather slow to grow, and a tray of newly sown kale, which is covered with a sheet of cardboard to keep the moisture in. At the far end are strawberries with a few ripe fruit. On the floor are some heuchera cuttings that were rescued from a plant badly attached by vine weevil and were potted up on Friday.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-12 08.27.00.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	2547200

A different view of the tomatoes in the Quadgrow. The first truss of fruit is developing on the biggest plant (Shirley) and it has reached the eaves. I have attached the plastic mesh that I use for peas to the greenhouse roof and intend to train the tomatoes up it. I have no idea if it will work or even if it (or the fastenings) will be strong enough, but at this stage it is all one big experiment.
                            Last edited by Penellype; 12-06-2022, 07:51 AM.
                            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

^^^Fantastic Penellype You are certainly working your greenhouse hard.

Another neat one as well...

Comment

This year I finally had the discipline to not crowd stuff in the greenhouse and so far have seen no mould on stems that I have had previously.
                                Cucumber Baby F1 and tomatoes Cappricia

Name:	Compress_20220703_120221_1437.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	2548497

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X