It's that greenhouse gone mad time...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that greenhouse gone mad time...

A couple of short holidays, and the greenhouse has gone mad. Tomatoes, aubergines, and cucumbers have reached the top glass and are fighting with each other.

Spent an hour or two trying to make sense of it while being attacked by tendrils.

Am I the only one?
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

I still have greenhouse envy!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've got a 6x 3 poly tunnel with about 4 times as many plants in than can fit comfortably. Being hopeless at clearing things out I've now got a second hand aluminium greenhouse with plans to put it up this winter and use it for tomatoes.

Comment

I have 3 cucumbers winding their way across a wire in the apex of my GH.

They’ll soon be taking over.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have greenhouse & holiday envy one day maybe,I still go on google earth & have a look round the beaches I’m ok

Comment

I haven't been away, but for the first time ever I have sweet peppers going bonkers in the greenhouse, the chillis are doing nicely, and I finally spotted some melons forming on the vines (Emir)

Exciting times
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Another one with greenhouse envy...

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                I have greenhouse & holiday envy one day maybe,I still go on google earth & have a look round the beaches I’m ok
                In my defence the greenhouse was free as were both holidays: one was mentoring newish yacht skipper and the other was a treat from the kids - dunno what we did to deserve that but we take what's offered.
                I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

We live near the seaside and have mountains within half an hours drive, so rarely go on holiday these days, we are on holiday every day lol. My greenhouse is definitely one of the best things I have bought, maybe my new breathable chest waders for fishing is pushing close for top spot.

Comment

Greenhouse gone mad here as well.
                    What with the hot weather and packing in a few too many tomato plants its looking a bit like a jungle.
                    The reason being, seeds sown twice by mistake.
                    Second mistake was keeping both lots.
                    Certainly wont be doing that again.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I've only had a few cucumbers and one lonely tomato so far from the greenhouses but the actual plants are going mad and trying to stop me getting in. Barring catastrophes there's plenty to come. I've even got little Padron peppers forming.
                      The things that overnight have gone into overdrive are outdoors, the dreaded courgette mountain.....

Comment

Decided that this year i would just let things be. The melons and cucumbers looked almost dead at the start so just let it all be. Have the best crop of melons i have ever had. The top of the greenhouse is a tangled mess but they all seam to be getting along fine.
                        Need to remember next year to let them alone. Water and feed only.
                        Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by goosander View Post
                          Decided that this year i would just let things be. The melons and cucumbers looked almost dead at the start so just let it all be. Have the best crop of melons i have ever had. The top of the greenhouse is a tangled mess but they all seam to be getting along fine.
                          Need to remember next year to let them alone. Water and feed only.
                          Bob.
                          What is sometimes called masterly inactivity ​​​​​

Comment

Same happened to me when I went away at start of school holidays. Tomatoes went crazy and I was only away for 10 days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X