Removing glue from poly tunnel.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing glue from poly tunnel.

I had plastic taped to my tunnel with clear gorilla tape and the wind has ripped it off (it was to feed the guttering). I'm left with a line of adhesive down the tunnel which I want to remove so I can sort the guttering again. Any ideas what I can use? I've previously used a solvent cleaner spray to get adhesive off stuff which works great but concerned it might damage my tunnel. Any ideas?

Ta Si

I wouldn't risk the solvent cleaner spray. I don't know what's in it, but I now that most solvents will soften or dissolve the sort of soft polythene polytunnels are made from. Certainly, white spirit and acetone (nail polish remover) will both dissolve it.

I would try rubbing alcohol or alcohol wipes (70% alcohol or more). Depending what the glue is made from it may not be strong enough, but it's certainly a better solvent than water, and it won't harm the plastic of the polytunnel.

Comment

WD40 some times removes glue residue but try it on a non important bit first
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X