Reconnected vent auto-opener: milestone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconnected vent auto-opener: milestone

It's too windy here in West Cornwall to trust the greenhouse vent to an auto-opener over the winter so I disconnect it and secure the vent closed with cable ties.

Now the equinox is behind us I have reconnected the opener and tinkered with it until it opens at inside temperature of 20°C

Hooray, summer is coming!
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

I have greenhouse envy!....
    But you’re right....Having spent time outside weeding in the sun in a T-shirt yesterday I really felt summer is on its way.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If was free, donated by a neighbour. Three of us carried it between gardens, whole but without glass. Would have been a sight to watch.
      "Your end up!"
      "No, your end down"
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

QW my GH was given to me by my next door neighbour we moved the glass then the 3 of us lifted the frame over a 4ft wall
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          But you’re right....Having spent time outside weeding in the sun in a T-shirt yesterday I really felt summer is on its way.
          Did I tell you I have 2 greenhouses and a poly tunnel Nicos we did the same with my mates whe we moved it but we only took the glass out the roof and left 1 row in the sides ... Only 1 pane got broken and that was the next day when he was mowing his lawn... it threw a stone up straight thru a pane
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

The previous owner warned us no two panes were same size.

The moving crew included a mathematian and two folks who had worked stowing and then finding shipping containers in a park containing tens of thousands. So there was lengthy discussion about the panes problem.

In the end we set a origin at bottom front left and marked each pane with a sharpie with its coordinates x, y, z as it came out.

​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X