Position of a Greenhouse.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position of a Greenhouse.

Hi all, need some advise please. We want to buy a greenhouse, but the only place in our garden that it could possibly go is next to a fence which has next doors house next to it.

In the summer that part of the garden gets sunshine in the morning until about 10am and then the shadow of the house is cast on it, and then in the evening it gets sunshine from about 4pm until 7(ish)pm.

In the winter that area gets hardly any sunshine at all.

So, would it be worth getting a greenhouse and putting it there, or should we just not bother getting one. Also, it can be a little windy as the 2 houses tend to funnel the wind slightly.

Thanks for any help.
    Mark

http://www.mhdigital.co.uk This is my photographic website

I think it would be worth it. In the summer direct sun can be too intense so the shade of the house through the hottest parts of the day might be beneficial.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Sounds almost identical to how we have ours situated. Still gets pretty warm, and retains heat from the morning sun. At least you wont have to worry about things getting way too hot and cooking
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Brill, thanks folk - I think I will get one ordered.
        Mark

http://www.mhdigital.co.uk This is my photographic website

Comment

If you read the books it will tell you it has to be in the open blah blah blah. My 1st 1 the only place I could have it was in the shade of a tree and next to the fence and it still worked OK. Then we had to take the tree out as it got diseased and I moved the shed and now have two one in the shade of the other

It is definitely worth getting it just means you may be limited to the stuff you can grow late in the season and the very early part of the season due to lack of light but most folks don't grow stuff then anyway
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X