Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear - what have i done :)

Hello everyone,

Well, i was looking for a shed, but i've ended up with a greenhouse! I've managed to get a Halls Greenhouse 8foot by 6foot for £50. Needs some glass but apart from a clean, it all looks good.

My query is this. Has anyone done a guide to installing this thing? My garden faces west, is very exposed so i need to get this screwed into a base. Would i be better tucking it in beside a 4 foot fence to give some shelter, this would give it a lot of light but leave it exposed. Or over beside a 6 foot fence on the north side of the plot, less light but safer.....

I'm ready to clear ground, i would like to do what Dick did on "It's not easy being green" with the heat sink under the ground. I wanted to start a thread to help me decide on the foundations.

Many thanks Everyone

Garrett - Newbie

I dunno really. I've just got a greenhouse (given for free) and I'd already decided the most convenient place in the garden for it, whether it's right or wrong I don't know! Anyway, just ordered some slabs and sand for the base, then comes the fun job of putting it all together again Lots of the screw/bolt thingy's got broken when it was being dismantled so I've got to get some more of those, also I think some of the window fixing thingy's got lost too! I'd ideally like it up and fit for using in the next month though ............................ fingers well crossed
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Light

light should really be the main factor here , light=heat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X