Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moved & reassembled a 'corrugated plastic' g/h?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone moved & reassembled a 'corrugated plastic' g/h?

You know the type:

BillyOh Rosette Complete Greenhouse - Metal Greenhouses - Metal Greenhouses - Garden Buildings Direct

I have one (not the make and model above but very similar) and I'm thinking of moving it from home to the lottie.

However, it was a right b*gger to assemble in the first place (I had to 'get a man in' ) and I'm not at all confident it will even survive a dismantling/reassembling, let alone how much of a pain it might be to do

That said, once at the lottie, it doesn't have to look 'pretty', so if there's duck tape and superglue involved, that doesn't really matter.

Has anyone ever tried it though? Thoughts? Tips?
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

will probably be ok...tho you may need new bolts as the aluminium bolts tend to corrode/snap when trying to undo them...i would move ours with no hesitation if i had too

Comment

mines like that & we moved it complete.....it was really light and a person on each corner one bank holiday monday we walked it from its old home to its new home....much easier than dismantling & rebuilding......although i suppose it depends how far youve got to move it
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Good tip re the bolts markwcel, thanks!

Hans Mum, I had actually wondered about that. It's def too far to walk but I'd considered a flatbed truck. Not sure if it might all just buckle in transit and be last seen under the wheels of a passing juggernaut though
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

if u put sleepers under the greenhouse across the truck it might support it..depends on how far you have to go and the roads...just remember traffic laws will apply

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X