Cucumber Differences

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumber Differences

I currently have 7 cucumber plants growing in my greenhouse. They are the Marketmore variety.

Two of them I have planted in my raised bed made up of compost and growmore and they are truly flourishing with some lovely looking cucumbers developing.(About 5 inches so far).

The others are in half a growbag each (A full growbag cut in half and inverted - if that makes any sense!) but even though they are growing and climbing well, there is a distinct lack of cucumbers!

Why should this be, given that the greenhouse is the same temperature throughout, they have been fed and watered with same frequency and amounts of food, and they have deeper compost to grow in?

There are flowers on them but only the slightest sign of the development of a cucumber.
    sigpic

my cuces are in troughs and they were in the greenhouse and they really werent growing that well, i threw the packet and didnt realise what i had, anyway looked on the net at the fruit and realised they were marketmore and i put them outside, moved the whole lot and wow the difference is unreal, they are getting huge and out of 5 plants i will be eating cucumbers till christmas ha ha!

perhaps they not getting enough light, also give them a tomato feed once a week and this helps no end !

good luck with them!

Comment

Will try that and let you know how I get on!

Thanks for the advice!
      sigpic

Comment

Haven't managed to get to plot until today and have noticed that my failing cuce's are developing much better now!

Have given them a feed but not put them outside - hopefully should be getting a few more now.
        sigpic

Comment

great news, mine are getting huge and lots and lots of them, hope you get lots as well x

Comment

hi i have got three in the greenhouse which are ok,but i put 3 chinese slagan cucs in my raised beds outside and they are total monsters.
            joanne geldard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X