Impatience is a virtue??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatience is a virtue??

How long before my chilllis and sweet peppers turn from green - my least favourite of capsicum colours?

If your weather is anything like ours has been you are blooming lucky to have a green pepper! I haven't even seen flowers yet

If the sun comes out they will change in a couple of weeks (if I remember correctly)
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

It's often recommended that you ripen the first few peppers/chillis OFF the plant, so that the plant will continue to fruit. If you leave them on the plant, it thinks it's done it's job of producing seed and stops flowering. If you pick them and put them on a bright windowsill and/or next to a banana, they'll soon ripen.

Comment

Have got a pepper that's gone a sort of yellowy colour but it does depend on the variety, some don't ever change - it's going to get picked and eaten tomorrow what ever colour anyway!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Yes - I have a similar scenario with a couple of my pepper plants, but it might have something to do with me planting it out a little later; it's a bit behind.
          I think I'll try picking one of the bigger green peppers. Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            It's often recommended that you ripen the first few peppers/chillis OFF the plant, so that the plant will continue to fruit. If you leave them on the plant, it thinks it's done it's job of producing seed and stops flowering. If you pick them and put them on a bright windowsill and/or next to a banana, they'll soon ripen.
            Didn't know that, thanks Sarz. Mind you, usually by the time I get one fruit it is too late to worry about others forming and ripening anyhoo
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Sounds like a sensible idea......................wonder if that's why I only got about 3 or 4 capsicums off each plant last year?

Just goes to show...........you're never to old to learn!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X