Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• withering cu's

Just a bit of advice.
    My cucumbers have been doing really well, with a number of cu's being picked, but I have notice that a large number of small cu's that are just forming have withered away. is this normal?
    James the novice

Yes, the plant will only hold a certain number, others will yellow/wither at the 1" to 2" stage. Pick the mature ones and more will set - best to pick them as small as is sensible for use
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Thank you Kristen for your help.
      James the novice

Comment

Small cu's

I had 3 mini cucumber plants. All started to look sickly having produced about 5 good fruits each. I have planted one from it's pot into my allotment to see if it revives. I managed to snap the stem of the first one I tried this with
        Does anyone think this will work?These smaller fruits are very flavoursome and fast maturing I really recommend them

Comment

re withering cues

mine did the same found that as temp went down with wet weather not enough sun to keep them going.kept plant in and as weather is dry and steadily warm new cues on their way.
          Last edited by ups a daisy; 27-08-2008, 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Cucumbers and courgettes often pause, particularly when they're finding their feet after being potted up or planted.

Don't give up too quickly as they often come back strongly several times during a season.

Make sure you keep feeding and watering regularly and give them plenty of root space.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X