Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse on Allotment

Hi

Can anyone help me. I've got an allotment and couldn't wait to erect my greenhouse (freecycled) and duly planted seedlings which were doing great till a sunny day last week. They looked burned near the roots and the leaves had wilted. I threw then as I knew no better! However, as I work all day and may not necessarily get to my allotment every single night (most nights). what can I do to keep the temperatures down. I have one opening window roof vent, so will invest in an auto opener, but even so it does not reduce the temperature that much. Also, when I have to go away for a few days with work, how can I keep stuff damp? Can I get an auto watering system for my water butt? Any ideas greatly received. As you can see, I want lots of answers yesterday. Thanks O.

Two ways to keep the temperature down is by ventilation(opening windows or doors) and shading. A cheap form of shading which is easily removeable is Windolene glass cleaner put on and allowed to dry.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Is there a retired friend on the allotment site who might open and shut for you? You can trade jobs - like water for them while they're on holiday.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X