Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating greenhouse

hi all

Ive just bought a paraffin heater off ebay. £20 for single burner. Now the question ive got is this..

My greenhouse is big...not sure how big but big and I know this heater is not enough to heat the full house. ive heard that you can make a partition in the greenhouse to solve this problem...how is best to do this??

many thanks
    Dead or alive your going on the heap

you can either put up wooden battens and attach plastic sheet to it to form a partition wall, or suspend some plastic sheet or bubblewrap from the roof of the greenhouse so that it comes dowm to the staging, bearing in mind that heat rises and will be up at the top of the greenhouse anyway.

Comment

Or buy one of these plastic greenhouses and put it inside.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Or stick the heater under the staging - if it's metal and slatted - then put those plants most in need of heat closest and arrange the others in order the further from the heater they get.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by The Germinator View Post
          hi all

Ive just bought a paraffin heater off ebay. £20 for single burner. Now the question ive got is this..

My greenhouse is big...not sure how big but big and I know this heater is not enough to heat the full house. ive heard that you can make a partition in the greenhouse to solve this problem...how is best to do this??

many thanks
          How come you don't know how big your greenhouse is? Was it inherited? I bought mine and it's 8' x 6' and it's not big enough. I don't heat mine, but still manage to grow plenty of stuff.

Comment

The greenhouse was already on the plot when i took it over a few months ago...i was very lucky. i have made a partition now with bubble wrap and it seems to be working great..just need to sort out some missing glass after the winds now.

The pics are of the 1st day i got the lottie
            Attached Files

Comment

that is like 3 8x8 greenhouses? I might well be wrong, but to my untrained and slightly vin blurred eye.
              Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

lucky you in getting a prize like that on your plot
                ---) CARL (----
                ILFRACOMBE
                NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Along with your heater you could try using some plasic bottles filled with water. During the day the water would warm and a night give you some heat.

Comment

Thanks for the tip ill give it a go to

Comment

The other tip is to fill up you watering cans and leave them in the greenhouse, they act as storage heaters and when you use the water it is at the same temp as the plants and dosent shock them
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

This place is great for brill tips! I have myself filled my watering can and a bucket and left them in the greenhouse so that they warm in the day.

Thanks!
                        Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

That's some size greenhouse and I'm jealous.

If i had a greenhouse that size i would never be away from the allotment!

In the immortal word of Bruce Forsyth " Didn't he do well everybody"
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X