No announcement yet.

diy cloches

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used fizzy drinks bottles a couple of years ago on my squashes. I used the tops only, and if it was a particilarly warm spring day I'd take the top off to stop it getting too over heated. I did find it difficult to get them back out of the ground though as they'd stuck fast and I nearly unearthed the plants I was protecting so had to be really careful when I wanted to removed the cloche
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I crocheted my own hanging baskets one particularly thrifty year:
      I cut the bottom off a one or two litre coke bottle, discarded lid. Invert it into a macrame-type holder and plant a hanging type thing in there: spider plant, tomato, whatever.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi thanks for all the suggestions - I have actually seen them being used in a gardening mag this avo - I need to drink more then to save pennies in the long run!

janey

Comment

If you cut the bottoms of pop bottles off and bury it neck down about 6" against certain plants you can then water them easier, water goes to the roots and dosen't have to soak in.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

go to the boot fair every Sunday and there are drink and burger vans they buy large bottles of natural water and the throw the bottle away these make fantastic cloches saves them going to the landfill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X