No announcement yet.

Advice on putting new GreenHouse up

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Richard . I bought an 8 by 12 Billyoh but still havn`t managed to get it up yet as parts were lost in the post, and some small bits fell out, so i`m waiting on replacements.
    I see what you mean though, my corners are A7 but the same, and there is only one hole at one end. I think two bolts goes into the two bolt tracks on the no 7 pieces, the bolts then go through the holes in no 4 5 and 6 and use pieces 35 here.

I`m wondering about the polycarbonate , which side is uv protected as usually only one side is. If you put the other side to the sun it will disintergrate in 2 to 3 years. Any ideas.

the instructions are terrible. I`m going to screw down the polycarbonate at the top and the bottom as they are notorious for comming loose in winds.
    Let me know how you get on will you?
    Last edited by Hothouse; 06-03-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

hot,
      thanks for reply but don't understand!

You said your A7 uprights only have one hole but you then said;

"two bolts goes into the two bolt tracks on the no 7 pieces,"

Just to clarify, what's the TOTAL number of holes in one of your A7s?

My total is 1 i.e. 1 hole in one end

rich

Comment

Hi Rich, there is only one hole in one end of my no7s I dont know what this hole is for yet.
        There are grooved channels along the length of no7,and all other side and roof pieces,( I called these bolt tracks) the bolt slides into this channel either from the top or the bottom , it doesn`t need a hole.

By the way the side of the polycarbonate with the white removable proctective cover is the side that faces to the outside of the greenhouse ( its uv protected) I rang them this morning.
        Last edited by Hothouse; 07-03-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

thanx hottie,

I'll have another try tomorrow!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Hothouse View Post
            Hi Lozza,
            I was wondering how your new green house is faring. I saw it advertised and thought I might replace my old Norfolk greenhouse with the BillOh Rossette 8 by 12 .
            I was wondering what you thought of it? Do the doors slide ok ? is it sturdy enough to with stand a strong wind and do the pannells stay put ? I`d be grate full for your opinion and any tips you have .
            Happy gardening for 08.
            well the door is a bit sticky, and the panels came out last week due to a bit of wind

The instructions are just rubbish,

BUT i do love it
            hope that helps

Loz
            http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by richardbees View Post
              Hello, I'm new to this forum so this is my first post - I found the site through google by searching 'billyoh greenhouse'

I'm assembling an 8ft x 6ft and have done the base - but I've stalled at the next step with the 4 corner uprights (part D7) ......the booklet shows 2 bolts through each end but my D7 uprights (which match the profile) only have 1 hole in one end only.

Please - can anyone confirm there should be 2 holes at each end?

richard
              yep the instructions are just rubbish
              http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

hothouse posted a link to a site showing assembly instructions for 'clear span' greenhouses. It shows how the bolt fits in the groove in the uprights......

I got all 4 uprights and the 2 top side strips done this pm .........until weather stopped play!

Richard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X