No announcement yet.

When is the big moving day?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are still waiting - was forecast to be down to 4C last night, and 2C tonight...

I'll pop them outside for some sunshine later this afternoon.

Comment

Forecast 0 degrees tonight... brrrr...!!
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello Everybody,

I've hedged my bets and 2 black cherry and 2 Gardner's delight have gone into the greenhouse. I needed the space inside.

https://ibb.co/kKT3w0H

I have 1 BC and 2 GD still inside if the worst was to happen.
        What should i look out for frost damage wise?

Comment

Try to protect wrapping fleece around them overnight or bubble wrap,anything to insulate,even a sheet so they’re in a little house type design if you’re leaving them there,to help insulate them until morning. Plants can look the same after damage,you might notice they’re slower growing than other plants sometimes leaves look more pointed & can go a purple colour. Your plants look good

Comment

So... it turns out that the thermometer I’ve been using in the greenhouse isn’t to be trusted. I brought the potting shed and greenhouse thermometers into the house to compare to my inside/outside weather station and the greenhouse one is way out!

So I chucked a couple in the greenhouse in their pots over night to see how they would get on... and they survived! So I’ve stuck 6 in one bed. They’ve survived the last couple of nights down to about 5*C. My largest plants are still in the lounge behind the sofa and in front of the patio doors and they are coming along very nicely. There’s a couple of cold nights forecast next week so I’m trying to decide whether to risk it and put them in the greenhouse or wait it out!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X