Lost my polytunnel on Saturday Night

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my polytunnel on Saturday Night

I’d been thinking about re-covering my polytunnel as the cover was beginning to show signs of wear after 13 years (not bad).

I’d also thought about extending it but this seemed impossible as the supplier imports the tunnels from Belgium and were having problems “due to Brexit”.

Anyway, the wind took it out on Saturday so I’ll have to do something.

Sorry to hear that Mark, have you lost it all or just the cover?

Mind you 13 years sounds a decent return?
    Last edited by broadway; 11-02-2020, 03:17 PM.
    Cheers

Danny

Comment

I hope it's just the cover? Is the frame ok?

I had a tree uproot. One of the first trees I planted here - it was a grafted weeping willow and a bit top heavy.

Comment

Luckily we seem to have missed any damage, though another storm is on it's way, so fingers still crossed.

Comment

Sorry to hear your news - it was very rough weather wasn’t it - stripped the felt of our shed roof. Good luck with the new cover, after 13 years it’s well deserved
          All at once I hear your voice
          And time just slips away
          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Bad news Mark, commiserations.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

From one poly tunnel owner to another, commiserations on your loss, I hope it’s only the cover and no damage to the frame work.

Comment

Commiserations, lost over half of the panels in my new green house but all now re-glazed. Polytunnel survived ok, recovered last month with one of those preformed green types with the fibres running through it. It was really easy to fit and won't rip easily, the previous one had patched up tears all over it. Regarding extending I had to make mine a metre longer to accommodate the new cover and used heavy duty water pipe (the blue stuff) and 2 lengths of rebar about 1.5m ling hammered into the ground either side to slide the ends over. Worked well, no problem with the storm. My only concern is that it won't let in as much light being opaque and not clear.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your polytunnel.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. Was just the cover, the frame’s fine.

Comment

Bad luck with the poly cover, Mark. I lost half the guttering from the front of the house and a section of fencing in the back garden. Oh well, keeps the tradesmen in work.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Bad luck Mark. Like Mothhawk I've got a few broken fence panels/posts that I've tried temporary repairs on until I can organise a permanent repair and now I see we've got another storm coming this weekend. Happy days
                          Last edited by mcdood; 12-02-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Not good, Mark - but the upside is the frame is good.

All I suffered was a tin gnome fell over and landed in my large olive tree pot. No idea how he got up there!
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Its windy here in Nottingham, I guess that's why there is wind turbines being put up all over place

Just lost a couple of fence panels here, greenhouse is ok though, mind you shes got me to change all the fence panels now, with fancy trellised ones

I suppose they let more sunlight on the garden in the winter months at least, and be harder for the wind to damage them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X