Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in your Winter Greenhouse/Polytunnel?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday morning I would have said a few tenders overwintering and a load of junk! But after a couple of hours pulling everything out I can now say my GH is clean & tidy once more and contains only the following....

3 x Martagnon Lilies (Lilium 'sunny morning')
    4 x Erigeron karvinskianus
    2 x Abutilon
    1 x hardy sweet pea (Lathyrus latifolius)
    2 x Fuchsia 'Pink Fizz'
    2 x Foxtail Lily
    1 x Buddleja weyeriana 'Sungold'
    2 x Magnolia
    1 x Buddleja globosa
    2 x roses (Francis E. Lester and Rosa moyesii 'Geranium' )
    5 x waterlilies in two washing up bowls (Nymphoides peltata)
    2 x Marsh Marigold
    1 bag of daffodils (to be planted ASAP)
    40 bulbs of Gladiolus communis subsp. Byzantinus

Pics on the blog....easier way to see them as I'm still getting confuddled as to how to post them on here
    Last edited by Gillykat; 20-01-2020, 12:46 PM.
    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

All I've got is some lettuce and a couple of dozen peas in toilet rolls, must try harder.

Comment

Lettuce... currently picking odd leaves
        land cress... waiting for them to start moving
        Spring onions... same as the land cress
        Spinach... same
        Rocket... same

but it won't be long before they all start growing again
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Pak choi, Pak choi and more Pak choi! Haha not even sure we are gonna eat it all before it bolts in spring. Planted about 80 plants.

Got Grenoble red lettuce, parsley, coriander, Durham early cabbages, rocket, sweet peas, onions and spring onions ( both in modules) garlic, choi sum, Gai Lan, rainbow chard, some weird blue Chinese radish and beetroot.

There will be some very early potatoes in buckets next week. Bit of an experiment but we shall see.

And lots and lots of mess. Been using the tunnel as a workshop over winter. Gonna sort that soon.

Comment

At the moment.t mine are full of junk that I want to keep dry, a lemon tree and onions (under the staging).

Comment

Absolutely nothing... first year with a greenhouse so wasn’t sure what to do with it. Old plants are out, soil is raked over... nearly ready to go again!

Comment

I have some Aquiles calabrese which is humunguous and looks like it will be usable in about a month. Definitely going to grow overwintering brassicas in polytunnel again. Also some weedy looking pac choi, spinach, lettuce and spring onions and winter radishes. I have a few sweet peas and mangetout peas which are terribly small but hoping they will soon put on a growth spurt. Otherwise I have most of my strawberries, fig plants, comfrey roots in pots, spring bulb windowboxes just sprouting, shallotts, a few pots of overwintering onions and three worm bins.

Comment

Oh and a pot of recently sown carrots wrapped up in fleece and a cloche - no sign of any growth yet though. Thinking of planting a pot or two of early potatoes but worried it is way too early.

Comment

I still have carrots in the poly tunnel from last autumn, I think I’ll plant some more tomorrow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X