Caught in the act!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]89253[/ATTACH]

Caught in the act!
      Thats a very guilty looking doggy.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

So may be silly question. I’ve got some pots in my polytunnel that had tomatoes in them. Any reason I couldn’t bung some beans in them? Obviously I’d add some blood fish and bone as the compost will be depleted and will add more feed when I water as well when they get a bit bigger.

Comment

No reason at all - assumeing you mean broad beans, not runners/CFBs.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89253[/ATTACH]

Caught in the act!
            haha Aawww that is so funny lol
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Because of my concerns about meeces in the GH I've reincarnated an old nutty idea from a couple of years ago - starting peas in cotton wool. https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...dea_92605.html
              I have Meteor and Douce Provence seeds, nestling in beds of cotton wool in the kitchen where they will stay until they germinate.
              Here's two of the Pea nests - and they're sprouting already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191103_090049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	2385671

I've also put 3 mounds of chicken corn in the GH and none of it has been disturbed so I'm hoping that it is now meece-free.
              I'll bury these nests in a couple of days and start some more peas.

Comment

Thanks for the timely reminder
                I have some 3 yr old douce de p seeds somewhere. Will resurrect some for peashoots (no g’house) and if germination good, pop the rest in pots in the cold frame or blowaway.

Comment

No reason at all - assumeing you mean broad beans, not runners/CFBs.
                  Yes broad. In that case might try some peas although never seem to have much luck with them in spring, so who knows about winter!

Comment

the bird seed I'd scattered in the GH to tempt the meeces hasn't been touched.
                    Peas were evicted from their cotton wool nests yesterday and "sown" in the GH bed.
                    Today I scattered lettuce seeds around them to make maximum use of the space.
                    I often sow 2 different crops in one space as insurance against crop failures.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X