Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potting table and staging

Hello,
    After the 3rd visit from Waltons and a rebuild by myself (no I would not recommend using Waltons) we finally have our Greenhouse / Shed installed.
    Looking to put in a Potting bench and some staging, have had a look around and found This one . Does anyone have any site recommendations or tables to checkout? My diy skills are not the best and want it to last.

Also any recommendations for staging?

Space for each side (leaving a walkway and door access)
    1680mm length x 620mm width x 1600mm height.

Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

Is that your shed/GH? If so, isn't that staging inside the door?

Comment

This is just from their website, too dark to take a good photo. It didn't come with the staging shown.

Comment

The reviews of that potting table don't look too good.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          The reviews of that potting table don't look too good.
          This is our 1st garden building ever and have nothing really to compare it with, was expecting the thickness of the panels to be a little bigger. For the price we paid we both feel a little short-changed. Anyway it's in now and going to do a good job protecting and sealing it.

Comment

Yes the reviews all mention the height and it doesn't look the most stable, will keep looking.

Comment

I bought this Stewart's potting tray and shelf for my greenhouse (from another seller), and it's been very useful. I just sit it on my staging when I'm potting up. I like the fact that it stores easily - I just slide it in next to my staging when not in use, it's a real space saver. I like the shelf, they don't all come with one. I think this will last for years, and it's not expensive.
              Last edited by Babru; 05-10-2019, 08:35 PM.
              Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Before I bought my little tray I was thinking about this one. You can pay any amount really, but this is cheap and has top reviews. https://www.greenfingers.com/product...BoCX9UQAvD_BwE
                Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I'd be wary of anything which looks too pretty. I do my potting on a table I have on my front verandah and it's taken a heck of a beating from it.

Comment

When we assembled our aluminium greenhouse the glass came in some crates and other greenhouse parts were on a small pallet.

I disassembled them and with some other reused timber, built a bench/staging with lift out slatted panels so I could grow through the frame (if that makes sense). Then using some old kitchen unit Laminated chipboard, I added a potting tray.

It has been in the greenhouse now for several years (7+?) and has proven to be very good, (though not pretty). If you have a few tools and some time, it is worth considering.

Comment

I have made several different shelving permutations from cheap Ikea metal shelves with a spot of hacksawing.

I think the most important thing for any bench you intend to do a lot of work at is to get the height right, so try as many different benches/kitchen units etc etc until you get a good idea of what suits you.

Comment

I have made several different shelving permutations from cheap Ikea metal shelves with a spot of hacksawing.

I think the most important thing for any bench you intend to do a lot of work at is to get the height right, so try as many different benches/kitchen units etc etc until you get a good idea of what suits you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X