Aphids in greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jane0o0 View Post
    What type of flowers should you put next to tomato plants as think I have aphids but not sure.
    as posted above, marigolds attract a lot of beneficial insects

I'm also going to always grow some gypsophilia in the greenhouse from now on, I have one growing on my bench at back of greenhouse (It was supposed to be for front garden ) but its covered in hoverflies, and those little black wasp that kill aphids

Comment

As a new grower, I think I was a bit heavy handed in my approach with that “organic” stuff. It pretty much knocked out every living organism inside the greenhouse. I’ll not be using it again. I’ve heeded the advice given here of squishing and putting the plants (the ones that can be moved) outside when the weather is warm enough and don’t seem to have any further issues. I leave the door and window open 24/7 now and the greenhouse is absolutely teeming with life again, no aphids tho...yet!

Ladybird larvae and french marigolds if it gets uncontrollable I think. Might even check out that gypsophilia!

Comment

I noticed that my aubergines had got an infestation of aphids 3 days ago. I squished a good few and waited in hope for the ladybird larvae to find the rest. Something definitely found the rest while I wasn't looking. All gone!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X