Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if i got seeds to swap but they need to be sown is year can i still do it?

i really fancy trying Turks Turban..can you eat it.

Comment

^^^It depends what it is. I think the question to ask is would you be happy to receive them? Real seeds gives an idea of life spans FAQ: How long do vegetable seeds last? How to store them and how long they keep. There are a lot (a vast amount) of seeds in the VSP and they can sit there waiting for a new home for years

I am sure I sound negative today . The VSP is a fantastic non monetary resource to try new varieties for minimal outlay and it is only as good as what grapes send in (which on the whole is amazing). It is a non monetary resource however and not a shop so consistency from pack to pack is variable. (Not sure that sounds any less negative )
      Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 09-02-2017, 03:02 PM. Reason: BM being pedantic :)

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
        It is a resource however and not a shop
        Changed.......................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

^^^Ok ya big ape how would you word it?

variable seed stock exchanged in good will v consistant seed sold for profit

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
            So if i got seeds to swap but they need to be sown is year can i still do it?

i really fancy trying Turks Turban..can you eat it.
            Yes you can. Seeds usually last longer than the sow by dates, though germination rates start dropping.

Turks Turban are really pretty. I've grown them but not eaten - I gave them to a harvest festival table.

Both mine and NG's sections of the VSP are fairly wide-ranging - and I'll take arguments for expanding the 'miscellaneous section' as long as it doesn't over lap with others or become a repository for all the packs of seeds on the front of magazines. Scarlet's are more exclusive, but then there are lots of chilli and tomato fans out there.
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I don't mind having older seed .

Comment

I don't mind having older of anything these days, as it seems my only choice to get what I want of late! ................

No! Seriously! never been involved in any such like seed swap until last year! and will surely do it again.

Firstly for the enjoyment of doing it, and secondly for the little effort I put in, the return was massive, I now have in excess of 40 different tomato seed varieties to pick n choose from as to what I want to grow, all for little or no outlay!

Win! Win! to me!

Many Thanks Fellow "Grapies"
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                  ^^^Ok ya big ape how would you word it?
                  A VSP Exchange as opposed to a Corn Exchange.................
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                    Would it not just be easier for peeps to swap their seeds using PM's? i.e. Some one could say I have such and such seeds which I would like to swap for such and such, if you have them and want what the other person is offering PM them? If that makes sense...
                    The swap board is available for grapes to do that if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                      I did my original wants post publicly so people could see how it works, but I don't think it really matters.
                      It does for me! I don't want to look through dozens of PMs looking for the lists grapes require and the seeds they are sending in. If it's posted there is a record of everything, when it's sent via PM when my inbox is full they will get deleted.

Comment

I know what you mean about being swamped by VSP PMs
                        Public wants/swaps are good to read. I like seeing when some of my seeds are requested and to see the new seeds that are coming in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X