X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that'll be great!

Comment

Cherry bomb and curry chilli both failiures so far ;(, second sowing for both.

Comment

Keep trying Jack. It's getting warmer now so you'll have better luck. I've been so busy I've hardly down anything. Wish I'd done them all in Jan ...not even sown a tomato yet!

Comment

Just a few photos
          look Scarlet
          Tri colour variegata

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000386 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	2371373

and Red manzao

Name:	P1000388 (2).jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2371374

andHot wax

Name:	P1000387 (2).jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2371376

Opps put this on the wrong one,..silly me ..ha ha
          Last edited by Ms-T; 06-03-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

the chills i hope to swap are looking good so far,

Biquinho Yellow

Name:	P1000393.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2371378

Goronong yellow

Name:	P1000394.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	2371379
            i have another one in the aerogarden

Cajamarca

Name:	P1000395.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2371380

Comment

The tri colour variegata looks pretty enough for my Mum's patio. Need to get me some o'that for next year.

Comment

Scarlet you've made me feel so much better! There's hope for me yet

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                  Still far too early in the season to know what will be successful, but I'm certainly aiming to isolate and save seeds from Sugar Rush peach, if that is of interest?
                  Most of the Sugar Rush flowers that I bagged dropped off without setting fruit. Two set; the pods stayed small and puny, though, compared with the open pollinated ones that grew fat and handsome. One has subsequently dropped off. No more flowers have come and presumably they won’t until the first crop has been removed from the plant. However, they are taking forever to ripen. The pods formed at the same time as the Reaper, Scotch Bonnet, Aji Omni and Peter peppers, and they are all ripening whereas the Sugar Rush are just resolutely lime green and showing no inclination to change.

I have an Aji Omnicolor plant isolated (it’s the only chilli plant in the office) and fruit is ripening on that now, so I might have to submit that instead of the Sugar Rush. Still, it’s only early in the season; hope is not yet lost. I’ve also bagged some Scotch Bonnet MoA flowers and they seem to have set very well, so hopefully I will have some of those too. (The ripe ones are on another plant which was cross-pollinated; the other plant is a bit behind due to having been topped and stripped but it does seem to be fruiting prolifically now.)

Comment

I had epic fails with Prairie fire! I was hoping to grow these this year and two packs of seeds both failed and not a signle germination, all my other chillies gave me an almost 99% germination rate so must have been duff seed but absolutely gutted not to have been able to grow these this year.. need to source myself a plant from somewhere if anyone has a spare?

Comment

I had some lovely looking Zimbabwe Black coming along - starting to turn red. And then a slug came along with a taste for spicy...The fruits are gone. Also gone are black naga, bishops hat, bulgarian carrot plants. And the slug. I found it and dispatched it. Grrrrrrrr.
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                        Most of the Sugar Rush flowers that I bagged dropped off without setting fruit. Two set; the pods stayed small and puny, though, compared with the open pollinated ones that grew fat and handsome. One has subsequently dropped off. No more flowers have come and presumably they won’t until the first crop has been removed from the plant.
                        I had similar trouble with bagged black naga pots last year. Although it should still carry on flowering even while it has fruit.

Originally posted by damian1225 View Post
                        I had epic fails with Prairie fire! I was hoping to grow these this year and two packs of seeds both failed and not a signle germination, all my other chillies gave me an almost 99% germination rate so must have been duff seed but absolutely gutted not to have been able to grow these this year.. need to source myself a plant from somewhere if anyone has a spare?
                        For the cost of postage you could pick something similar up at your local nursery. There's a slim change that someone lives near you on here - may be worth looking on freecycle etc.it may be worth adding your location to your profile page

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                        I had some lovely looking Zimbabwe Black coming along - starting to turn red. And then a slug came along with a taste for spicy...The fruits are gone. Also gone are black naga, bishops hat, bulgarian carrot plants. And the slug. I found it and dispatched it. Grrrrrrrr.
                        I've had serious trouble with slugs/snails and wood lice
                        My Trinidad scorpion hasn't flowered yet but it is early days...I've pods on my Royal black and my tri colour is looking pretty

Comment

I had a total failure with the bagged Sugar Rush so have no isolated seeds from that. There are pods ripening now but they have been open pollinated outdoors so quite likely to be crossed.

Isolated seeds I have saved:

1. Scotch bonnet MoA yellow
                          2. Aji Omnicolor
                          3. Peter pepper - but it's not a good "anatomically correct" one
                          4. Purple peach - these pods are ripening now, so I don't yet know whether they have plenty of seeds in them or not.

Are any of these any good? Aji Omnicolor is a bit bushier and less straggly than Aji pineapple and melocoton that I've grown this year. It looks attractive with the creamy coloured pods held upright at first. They can go purple in the sun but that's not been the case for me in our dire summer this year, then ripen through orange to red. For me it's been quite productive, the pods are smallish but good flavour and heat levels; I would definitely recommend it.

Comment

You only need to save one Mitzi all of them sound fine (except the PP if it doesn't look quite right?) so the one you think best will be good enough so long as it's been isolated. It's very disappointing spending months growing a variety that turns out to be a cross with disappointing results.

I'm having a rubbish time trying to save from my Trinidad scorpion....any bagged flowers are just falling off, same happened with my Naga
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 19-09-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

As mentioned in the other thread i have

Nigels outdoor or basque/espellette chilli , both isolated at different localities as sure as can be theyll be fine .

If their required that is.

Comment

Yes please Jack!! I may be letting the side down though Ive not managed to get a pod isolated from my Trinidad scorpion so far I just have Royal black isolated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X